Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #311  
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 AM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Awwww I don't think I've ever seen video of Arnold! He looks like he really loves to train and catches on so fast

Here's our first try outside. Luckily I had this random fence panel to work with LOL. We're ALMOST vertical inside on the grooming table, but I lowered it to work her in the yard. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to make it straighter outside

www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8MM81V9Uig

Now I'm trying to figure out a fun, short freestyle routine for our National Specialty... But I'm apparently not a good choreographer LOL. Anyone have any freestyle vids/tips/ideas?

Kimma knows - heel with turns and such, she can back up pretty well in heel right now (we're working more on it), she can back up while facing me (not for too long a distance yet), jump over my legs while I'm kneeling, spin both ways, go around me, stand on her hinds and spin, retrieve objects, weave through my legs while walking and stationary, her bow and wave are rusty but I could potentially get them back up if need be, play dead, roll over. I think that's what I could use in a routine...
This is fantastic! What a smart girly and I love the attitude thrown at you with those little barks. :P

I have freestyle book I snagged from a book sale a few months ago, the tricks are fun and I think they have sequences in the back full with costumes and all. I'll check it for you and maybe scan some of them after I tackle my kitchen (It's my first real day off in weeks).
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,650
Default

We officially have leg weaves going forward and backward! Don't mind the scrubs, this was taking during my lunch break.

__________________

Last edited by SaraB; 08-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
We officially have leg weaves going forward and backward! Don't mind the scrubs, this was taking during my lunch break.

That is SO impressive! I love it!

I can barely walk backwards by myself, not sure I can teach backward weaving LOL
__________________
~Falon~
Jentry (GSD) - Limit (Kelpie) - Kastle (GSD) - Eden (Cardi)
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM
AdrianneIsabel's Avatar
AdrianneIsabel AdrianneIsabel is offline
Glutton for Crazy
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 8,893
Default

Very, very cool! Backup has great leg weaving but I, too, fear backwards weaving but mostly because I think he'll take out my knees. LOL

I love Zuma.
__________________
Sloan von Krigbaum IPO1 CGC BH CD NA NJ PD MJ-N RATI RATN 3/7/10 -
Shamoo NJ-N RATI RATN 3/1/98 -
Phelan du Loups du Soleil CGC RATI 6/15/13 -
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.


Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Sekah's Avatar
Sekah Sekah is offline
The Monster.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,096
Default

I wanna get in on all the sick backwards weavin' going on in here.


http://youtu.be/W128tcih8-8

I also have a brief video of Cohen's handstand training from a year or so ago.


http://youtu.be/tcyx9rFdquE

Unfortunately we've not progressed much further beyond that. I've not been able to add much duration, and I'm not entirely sure how I should do that. The behaviour is also much cleaner when I'm sitting on the floor, so I should focus more on getting a handstand while I'm standing. But to me, that's secondary to adding duration.
__________________

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:10 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Unfortunately we've not progressed much further beyond that. I've not been able to add much duration, and I'm not entirely sure how I should do that. The behaviour is also much cleaner when I'm sitting on the floor, so I should focus more on getting a handstand while I'm standing. But to me, that's secondary to adding duration.
I would just keep delaying the click.

Awesome backward weaving!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Finkie_Mom's Avatar
Finkie_Mom Finkie_Mom is offline
It's A Red Dog Revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
We officially have leg weaves going forward and backward! Don't mind the scrubs, this was taking during my lunch break.

That looks FABULOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
I wanna get in on all the sick backwards weavin' going on in here.


http://youtu.be/W128tcih8-8

I also have a brief video of Cohen's handstand training from a year or so ago.


http://youtu.be/tcyx9rFdquE

Unfortunately we've not progressed much further beyond that. I've not been able to add much duration, and I'm not entirely sure how I should do that. The behaviour is also much cleaner when I'm sitting on the floor, so I should focus more on getting a handstand while I'm standing. But to me, that's secondary to adding duration.
WOAH! On both counts! I don't think Kimma will ever be able to do the handstand without a wall behind her. I'm OK with that though LOL.

UGH so jealous of both of your backwards weaving skills!!!
__________________
Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Like us on Facebook!

Loistava's Jari - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Finkie_Mom's Avatar
Finkie_Mom Finkie_Mom is offline
It's A Red Dog Revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
This is fantastic! What a smart girly and I love the attitude thrown at you with those little barks. :P

I have freestyle book I snagged from a book sale a few months ago, the tricks are fun and I think they have sequences in the back full with costumes and all. I'll check it for you and maybe scan some of them after I tackle my kitchen (It's my first real day off in weeks).
Oh she's got attitude to spare LOL.

OMG that would be amazing!!! I don't need costumes or anything like that (I don't think Kimma will let me put anything on her anyway LOL), but sequences would be fantastic if you have any time to scan
__________________
Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Like us on Facebook!

Loistava's Jari - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,650
Default

We are on day 3 of foot stall training. Waiting for a bit more balance before I attempt a normal stall.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:40 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,802
Default

Awesome foot stall! How could you go about training this by yourself? I can't see any one laying on the floor for me like that, hehe
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site