Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I definitely try this, to kind of condition him. But once the booms get loud enough, he doesn't care about even the highest value food anymore.

Also, he can very easily tell the difference between real thunder and thunder from a TV show or CD. Are these CD's made to be more "realistic", perhaps? I just know that I can have my surround sound up pretty loud on my TV and if there's loud lightening and thunder on the movie/show I'm watching - he could care less and sleeps through it.
That can definitely be the case JM. My dogs can tell the difference between TV and real-life thunder. But Jose` doesn't seem to get the difference between real-life dogs and horses and TV dogs and horses. LOL. He totally growls and grumbles at TV dogs....actually more so than real life ones.

But I have heard of other dogs where that CD and the gradual conditioning have helped. So, I would think it's worth a try. I would see if there's any "guarantee" so you can get your money back if it doesn't help. I imagine the CD could be expensive. But I don't know for sure.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-11-2012, 09:11 AM
Love my pets

I just wanted to update that I bought Peanut a thundershirt and it's working. He's not as nervous and not shaking uncontrollable when storms come. He actually loves the thundershirt and looks cute in it. It's definitely worth a try for those with pets having problems dealing with the weather.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Didn't read through this thread, but I would like to add on the tight tee shirt front, although the thundershirt never did anything for Enda's sound sensitivity, Noods became a thunder phob little over a year after we brought him here. I bought this shirt for him at Target just because I though it was adorably fitting, and what do you know? The $2.50 shirt actually helps him during storms. Not saying it'll work for everyone, but it's worth a cheap try if you've got a smaller dog (there's always small up to medium size doggie tee's on the sale rack at our Petsmart!).