Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

ONe day I will make one with the look that Neccy Beccy gives me when she is full of humor and playing her "prank". She stands with her head cocked turned towards me, butt facing me, her muzzle almost to her shoulder, you can see the whites of her eyes for she has her eyes rolled to the side, and she is just about to "skitter" down the sidewalk. Every day I see it and think THAT is what I want to do. It always makes me feel happy inside to see her not only happy but more than that. For an old girl, and one that has suffered so much, that look is priceless. I would also love to capture Victor's alligator look which is his full of mirth and oneryness. Those will be my next two goals I think.
I am sick of being sick, I am tired of the whole business of it, but as long as I can still get my donations in I feel like I am still doing what I am suppose to be doing. I said last year that I was going to do old dogs and I did. I knew what I wanted to do just as soon as I had finished the totem. Expression to me is everything I love and each one builds my skill level a little more. Fingers crossed that next year I can produce what I want. Now to figure out which bird and fill out all the paperwork and drive them into the clinic.

I do not like to do other people's dogs because I do not have the dogs here and working from a photograph always looks to me like I did it from a photograph and it's too easy to make mistakes. I was able to lift Victor's leg and say ok, if it bends like this that muscle does that or his back curves here and his ribs start there. YOu can't get that from a photo no matter how hard you try. I made a greyhound once and was horrified when I finally got to be around a real one how far off I was on the length of that nose. Anyway. THe lyfe so short the crafte so long to learne or something like that. Maybe one day I can, but not yet. THere is a huge difference in working 3 dimensional compared to 2 and that's before you get to learning all the particulars of drying processes, clay bodies, and firing techniques. There is no guarantee that something will turn out the way you want. You can work on something for a week, the power can go out, something else can go wrong, and it's all a bust. Literally.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,