Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I guess it's just hard for me to wrap my head around willingly participating in the toxicity and then complaining about how horrible it is... You can't control his behavior, but you can certainly control whether or not you shout F*CK YOU or whisper "I hate you" at him when he says something hurtful, or indeed whether you go at all. *shrug*
This. I would also not assume that he is faking it. Dementia is a terrible and not incredibly well understood thing.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Blackout

Small update:

My dad informed me that his brothers in law (my mom's brothers and granddad's sons) have no interest whatever in doing anything else for him - they complain of paying his bills and for the domestic worker already (they control his finances). My mom will not step up to the plate or do anything apart from the visits/occasionally bringing him something to eat/cleaning up garbage in his house - and my dad whom has...unfortunate relations with his in laws - doesn't want to embroil himself or make more of the mess that already is.

Haven't seen my granddad since the first post of this topic - haven't been back at all or heard about him. but I do hope he is ok and at least stable.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Well, it doesn't sound as though he has ingratiated himself with any of the family. And this is what has come of it. It's too bad and quite sad really, to think that he has no one who cares about him too much. It would be nice for someone to step up to the plate, in spite of his history or how his attitude is now. He probably won't be around much longer and it would be a tragic thing to go out of this world thinking you didn't matter to anyone.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson