Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Top Dog

Those lines weren't based on crosses. Crosses were added to the lines. Look at real Old School RE dogs. Not at all like the ones of today. Just sayin.

Let me clarify that by saying the RE lines weren't based on crosses.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

^^ yup.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Top Dog

The male could fall into the "American Bully" category. These are basically dogs that are part APBT and part English Bulldog, Neapolitan Mastiff, Dogue de Bordeaux, your larger bred-for-looks-and-size American Staffordshire Terriers, and whatever else breed someone felt like breeding to.

Yes, your dog falls into the generic "pit bull" category. By this I mean, short fur, larger head, muscular build, and weighing anywhere between 30 and 130 lbs. That's pretty much what the general public and governments have deemed to be "pit bulls".

However, without knowing the exact lineage of the parents, the dog is basically a mixed breed dog. Remember, there is nothing wrong with the word "mutt".

Also, I thought you got this dog from someone in a parking lot or something? How would you have pictures of the parent dogs? I'm confused.... (going back to reread)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyedlette View Post
i have a few more pictures of the parents i talked to the girl that bred them and she told me she had there blood work done and i guess some other tests done to make sure the dad is pure and he is.
There is absolutely NO "bloodwork" that can be done that will tell you your dog is a purebred anything. Yes, there are canine DNA tests out there, but they are laughable at best (as has been shown even by members of this forum). But even so, the "American Pit Bull Terrier" is NOT a breed currently identified by DNA tests (nor is the American Bully, especially since it's not yet a true bred-to-standard breed).

As for the male's sire, that, my friend, is a M-U-T-T. He's an American Bully.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
gamedogs can only properly be called that if proven game in the box. the best descriptor is pit bulldog as it defines type more than actual function.
Yup. However, I do like the true gamebred APBTs. I have no reason to lie about that, nor is there any shame in it.

As for this thread, the pictures of those dogs being touted as "APBTs" is why I'd rather see the APBT die out in its true form than be changed to ugly, empty shells of dogs that have very few, if any, characteristics of the breed it once was.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Love my pets

I agree that the dad looks like a bandog (neo/pit mix). Whatever they both are, they are both good looking dogs and just enjoy your dog no matter what the mix is or isn't.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
I agree that the dad looks like a bandog (neo/pit mix). Whatever they both are, they are both good looking dogs and just enjoy your dog no matter what the mix is or isn't.
i don't like that descriptor either as bandogs are supposed to bred for work and the average bully isn't a flea bite on the but of a real bandog
also bandog isn't specifically APBTXneo, there are good bandogs that are APBTXEM, APBTXBM, APBTXDDB, ABXneo and APBTXABXMal
Old 08-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

Bully

Old 08-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Mongrels both of them.

Please tell me they are now spayed?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein