Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Summer was chowing down on some spilled beneful the other day in petsmart. She always finds the loose kibbles.
Jack is the master if finding loose kibble. More than once I have been looking at something on the shelves only to glance down and see that he has somehow squished himself halfway under the shelves to grab kibbles.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Jack is the master if finding loose kibble. More than once I have been looking at something on the shelves only to glance down and see that he has somehow squished himself halfway under the shelves to grab kibbles.
Ugh, that's Lucy at Petco too. And she's black, so she'll come out covered in grey/white dust all over her face, just to get that one loose piece of kibble.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
To work on "leave it" lol.
Totally do this on a regular basis with the puppy.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Top Dog

I always see rawhide stuff at dog level but never actual cookies/biscuits.

I never give Yoshi rawhide so I don't even know if she knows what it is. I do have to block the cashiers from giving her those mystery cookies *shudders*

Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Baby Kiba tried stealing a toy once. Didn't see it stuck in her mouth due to her baby beard, but she must've walked around half the store with it. I did end up buying it, and I swear once I did she lost interest in it (lol).
Old 08-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Well, if you have your dog with you, that sort of answers that question
I know, I know. I'm just not used to looking at roses and all of a sudden hearing "munch, munch, lick lick lick" down below.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:46 AM
and Spy.

Haven't read all the replies, but the place I work keeps treats at dog height and to be honest, not many dogs steal them. Once or twice a day some will get snatched but it's really not a big problem for us. Typically the treat stealers belong to someone who isn't keeping a close eye or a tight enough leash, and oftentimes these same dogs are the ones that end up marking on merchandise.

We never really charge people for them, but it is irritating when some people blatantly don't supervise or keep a close eye on their dogs and they chew bags, steal treats and pee on stuff. Those people are *incredibly* frustrating and always act so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Blackout

LOL hate this at pet shops too!

Katalin likes very small toys - she's tried shoplifting a few times but her drop it/leave it is getting pretty solid.

She's sniffed and pulled out some rawhide/smoked bones on a few occasions - but she's a favorite at all pet stores and she is quickly forgiven - they even give out alot of treats to her before we leave lol
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Then again, I grew up with a mother who never let us have Swedish Fish (remember when they used to have the open containers, and you'd buy them for a penny each?) because "everyone has had their hands in there".
That one always grossed me out! My mother always liked to buy the wrapped bulk candies, but even those grossed me out because as I was scooping them into a bag I would find piece some naughty child had bitten into! Yes, I have OCD, I prefer to pay more for pre-bagged candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Summer was chowing down on some spilled beneful the other day in petsmart. She always finds the loose kibbles.
To people who think "leave-it" is the answer, have never owned a sneaky floor dog! Those short ones are the worst, I can see Enda dip her head, but the view of the short boys hardly changes, till you hear the crunching! ugh, he never touches the stuff in the boxes/shelves/barrels, and has a good leave-it, but for whatever reason a quick head turn + "on floor" = fair game! And it's usually the stuff that's just peaking out from under a shelf.

Oh yes, and Enda, I actually don't even tell her leave it, she'll sniff interestingly at those smoked bones, but she's not really a food dog, thank goodness. Some people even get a bit upset she wont take treats from them, or does and drops them all on the floor .
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Top Dog

My wee ones ride in the basket so there's no chance of them getting into things. If they behave themselves and don't stand up with their feet on the edge of the basket, they get cookies. I don't want them to fall out.

But I remember Lyric helping himself to toys or food on the lower shelves...like a kid in a candy store.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson