Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Obey the Toad.

I honestly didn't even know the term "cis" existed until this thread- I feel very out of touch-lol. Is it an acronym? Why the term "cis?"

It seems to me that there are a LOT of people out there who identify with the gender they were born-that's a LOT of people to hate. Who has that kind of time and energy?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Cis vs trans. So a cissexual is someone whose gender matches their sex.*

*I hope this is the acceptable way to say this. Offence is not intended.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM
such sights to show you

I think it important for privileged groups to really understand and acknowledge that they actually have privileges. Because it's so much easier to be empathetic and so much harder to make assumptions when you realize that someone isn't starting off at the same starting line in life that you are. Not even just obviously visible things like race, but things like people who didn't learn good life skills from their parents.

Having said that, I don't like backlashes and I don't think warping that awareness to guilt accomplishes anything but making people dig in and close their ears. If you don't want me to give a f*ck that you are black/ trans/ gay/ whatever, then you shouldn't give a f*ck that I am white/ cis/ straight/ whatever.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

cis is a latin prefix for "same side"

I agree with the general sentiment here... I get that they're far more likely to be mistreated than I am but the anger should be directed towards the people doing the mistreating. I've never heard of this "die cis scum" but anyone who wishes death upon me, people I care about or most of the population can go jump off a bridge.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
It seems to me that there are a LOT of people out there who identify with the gender they were born-that's a LOT of people to hate. Who has that kind of time and energy?
lol it really does seem exhausting.
I was too lazy to even do laundry today...
Old 08-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Not even just obviously visible things like race, but things like people who didn't learn good life skills from their parents.
Exactly. The "privileged" person they are trying to tear down may well be suffering from issues you can't see, that trump anything you are going through. One can never judge what someone else's life is like.

I'd like to say I'm perfect and don't judge anyone, but of course I'm not. What I do know is that I have a far easier time not judging those who aren't busy throwing their issues in my face. If you don't want me to make a big deal over who and what you are, don't make a big deal of it yourself.

"Die cis scum" is every bit as horrific to me as "Die trans scum" or "Die gay scum" or "Die black scum". And vise versa.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I honestly didn't even know the term "cis" existed until this thread- I feel very out of touch-lol. Is it an acronym? Why the term "cis?"

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one. I was so confused by what I was reading XD

I agree with the general consensus here... I think.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-05-2012, 03:08 PM
<--------Orson

Wow. Chazhound.com/forums .........way, waaaaay more than dog eductational services

Hate is hate and it all stinks.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Having said that, I don't like backlashes and I don't think warping that awareness to guilt accomplishes anything but making people dig in and close their ears. If you don't want me to give a f*ck that you are black/ trans/ gay/ whatever, then you shouldn't give a f*ck that I am white/ cis/ straight/ whatever.
Here here.

If I spent my time protesting and backing causes for everything I felt for or against..I wouldn't have a life. I'll support your rights and I'll vote for total equality and probably stand up for you against someone else, but I just don't have time to crusade for everyone's cause. My primary focus and interest in this world is animals, and that is what I spend the most time on.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Felurian

I can't help but view it as a sort of temper tantrum and tantrums don't deserve attention.

Assjerks are assjerks, no matter what their sexual/gender orientation, race, religion, minority or majority, whatever, and they make it harder on those of the same persuasion who are good, decent human beings.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian