Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I've kind of been turned off of adult rescues since my dad adopted his dog at a little over 1. He seemed sooo sweet and awesome in the shelter. He was very friendly, playful enough but not overly. Now he's just a barking maniac who is totally antisocial and doesn't really enjoy any activities except a short walk and cuddling on the couch. Lol. Sooo not my kind of dog. I tried to teach him to shake, and I've only gotten him to the point where he *very* slowly lifts his leg up for me. Ha. It's so annoying. But my point is he was totally different in the shelter than he is now. And I know that's not always the case. I think if a dog had been living in a foster home for a bit, and knew more about how he was in a home setting, I'd be more apt to do it.
Webby sez talkin' smack about dogs adopted at 1 yr old is not allowed...
You are being watched. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Oh and did I mention Webby has um like a lot of titles and honors...and therapydogness...he's superduper with Alzheimer's patients...and I just pulled him out of retirement cold after over a year off and threw him in AKC agility and he earned 4 QQs in a row...his first 4 days ever of trialing in Excellent B?

Don't be knockin' the adult rescues because of one bad apple

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13