Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Just going to leave this here, with the fact that he's looking for a new home.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 PM
and Fozzie B!

I vote for a large puppy... But that's for me.

I'm a really great puppy raiser! I've raised about twenty now, and all of them have turned out to be AMAZING dogs. The few dogs I haven't raised have been a serious pain, including Gonzo. I love him, but if I had raised him he'd be a much happier dog.

I love other peoples little dogs, and I might end up with one someday... But I need a big dog to do the work that I'm into. I also like feeling safe with my dogs around.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post

Just going to leave this here, with the fact that he's looking for a new home.

Hmmm is there a particular REASON you are wanting to find a new home?

I don't need any annoying little-dog-syndrome type dogs

I don't really like 99% of Yorkies to be honest. Jackson is one in a million. I'm SO lucky he's not the typical Yorkie.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post

Hmmm is there a particular REASON you are wanting to find a new home?

I don't need any annoying little-dog-syndrome type dogs

I don't really like 99% of Yorkies to be honest. Jackson is one in a million. I'm SO lucky he's not the typical Yorkie.
from what I understand, Dana's.... grandmother? or aunt or something gave him to her, but Dana can't have a third dog, so he's with her mom and dad right now, and they don't want another dog either

ETA: Our immediate thought was how he'd make a perfect brother for Jackson...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post

I'm a really great puppy raiser! I've raised about twenty now, and all of them have turned out to be AMAZING dogs. The few dogs I haven't raised have been a serious pain, including Gonzo. I love him, but if I had raised him he'd be a much happier dog.

I love other peoples little dogs, and I might end up with one someday... But I need a big dog to do the work that I'm into. I also like feeling safe with my dogs around.
When I decide it is time for a puppy, can I just send it to you and you can send it back when it's like 9mos-1yr old?

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I have helped to raise a few puppies, too, and I admit, I DO like the puppy stage (most of the time). I also liked feeling safe when I was with the Rottie that I used to watch. Although I wouldn't be going that big for a long time, but even so, I think having a 35-45lb dog would be nice to have around. I'd like a giant breed a long way down the road when maybe I am not into dog sports or doing a lot of active things with my dogs. But anytime in the near future, no bigger than like 40-50lbs hopefully.

I've kind of been turned off of adult rescues since my dad adopted his dog at a little over 1. He seemed sooo sweet and awesome in the shelter. He was very friendly, playful enough but not overly. Now he's just a barking maniac who is totally antisocial and doesn't really enjoy any activities except a short walk and cuddling on the couch. Lol. Sooo not my kind of dog. I tried to teach him to shake, and I've only gotten him to the point where he *very* slowly lifts his leg up for me. Ha. It's so annoying. But my point is he was totally different in the shelter than he is now. And I know that's not always the case. I think if a dog had been living in a foster home for a bit, and knew more about how he was in a home setting, I'd be more apt to do it.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:57 PM
and Fozzie B!

I can't say I'm a yorkie fan either. There's nothing wrong with them, but most lack much personality..... And I groom lots! Like nearly half my clients are yorkies. I don't understand why they're one of the top needs. Jackson is definitely the coolest Yorkie ever! I'd be a big fan if they were all geniuses like him.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
When I decide it is time for a puppy, can I just send it to you and you can send it back when it's like 9mos-1yr old?
Ummm yes please!!! I get all the cuteness without the commitment? Especially if it's a Corgi puppy. lolz or you can just send Frodo!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
from what I understand, Dana's.... grandmother? or aunt or something gave him to her, but Dana can't have a third dog, so he's with her mom and dad right now, and they don't want another dog either

ETA: Our immediate thought was how he'd make a perfect brother for Jackson...
Just saw the FB post...

He is REALLY cute.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I can't say I'm a yorkie fan either. There's nothing wrong with them, but most lack much personality..... And I groom lots! Like nearly half my clients are yorkies. I don't understand why they're one of the top needs. Jackson is definitely the coolest Yorkie ever! I'd be a big fan if they were all geniuses like him.
Lol, yeah I feel bad saying it. But really I just don't like most of the ones I meet.

That's why I discovered the Silky Terrier, because even though they look so similar, just totally different personalities. One breeder described them as the best kept secrets of the toy dog world. I've gotten myself somewhat active in a Silky group on FB, and spoken to a few different breeders on different occasions, and really feel I'd get another dog like Jackson if I went with Silky's.

It's hard to explain - but really, Jackson is unlike EVERY Yorkie I've ever met in real life.

And not gonna lie, I do think it's cute to have two similar-looking dogs together. But then again... a Border Collie would look good with Jackson, too, huh?

Replace the Westie with Jackson.