Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Mitch & Erin

Default Ho. Ly. Crap

Just saw a posting on Craigslist. A hoarder just dumped 20 small dogs and puppies on a local shelter (where we had gotten cthulhu). The shelter is already full, and 30 dogs are at risk of being put back on the euth list this week.

Honestly my school loan can not come fast enough. I just need the money to cover adoption, pet deposit, and wellness check, have the income for everything else. It's sickening that someone would do that, and it hurts because i know how hard the people at that shelter work.

End rant

Last edited by Cthulhu7; 08-05-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
and Fozzie B!

ugh hoarders are FOUL and so selfish... that is awful, but at least the dogs have a chance at being loved and cared for. Keep in mind that most hoarder dogs are painfully unsocialized and can be impossible to housetrain. Honestly I would opt for a dog already at the shelter or in a foster home, that helps just as much to free up space.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Mitch & Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
ugh hoarders are FOUL and so selfish... that is awful, but at least the dogs have a chance at being loved and cared for. Keep in mind that most hoarder dogs are painfully unsocialized and can be impossible to housetrain. Honestly I would opt for a dog already at the shelter or in a foster home, that helps just as much to free up space.
I agree, thankfully half of the dogs look like lab puppies, young enough to be socialized. Also some shi-tzu and chis. Those may be older.