Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Big Dog

Default Raising children, how do you do it?

I find that keeping them busy by giving em a job works wonders. Here is my son working,

http://youtu.be/hta5NH1BPDk

Cleaning up the mess he created
http://youtu.be/Xk-9iZqIrRk

Learned to catch his own food!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

A most handsome and hard working boy. He looks like a dandy.

We do a lot of the same, minus the fishing. We still visit the river regularly and have a wonderful river park you would like. I am on my second generation. I am raising one grand girl and enjoying my grandsons and new baby grand daughter to the max. I will admit to more than being ready for school to start.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Keeping her busy and letting her be herself. We do crafts, sometimes we come up with a preconceived idea and follow directions and sometimes I let her have total creative freedom. Upside down rainbows or rainbows with whatever color pattern she chooses etc etc. i let her dress however she wants as long as it is weather appropriate. Ballgown to the playground? Go for it lol. Tu tu to the grocery store... Knock yourself out.

I am also firm but fun. I make sure there are clear rules and directions in our day to day life. If she can follow the rulea and directions we get to do fun things.

We go out and do things most everyday. In everythig we do I try to keep an educational aspect to it even if it is just a trip to the park or the farm. Physical exercise and mental stimulation is the best combination

But above all... She thrives on a schedule. She likes to know what to expect each day lol she is a very schedule oriented person (which is the total opposite of te kind of person i am lol). That and lots of hugs and kisses and affection

ETA: i love the fishing photo. ADORABLE!!!!!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Well, mine is only 19 months, so there's not a lot of tasks and such yet, lol. Although he does try to help sweep and mop.

But, I try to come up with creative things to keep him busy, etc. Right now he enjoys his little toddler flash cards. I made a series of cards with photos of things around our house. So his train toy is train, his (current) favorite dinosaur is Dinosaur, Abner is cat, etc. He finds these pretty amusing and often he'll run and get an object and then bring it back to compare to the photo Not the cat, thankfully, lol.