Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
Yeah, any updates? I totally missed this before

If I was closer, I'd offer up a home for one of those baby crazies!
He's doing pretty well other than he still gets snappy with some people who try to pet him. He is not a reactive dog, not a dog who barks or lunges or wants to bite random people or anything. He can happily be around strangers an not pay any attention to them, can work and play around them. And he makes friends with new people pretty quickly once he's around them. But a few people who have tried to pet him and one who tried to huge him have caused him to react. At this point, it's just a threat display and I am addressing it by enforcing a hands off policy with strangers so as not to give him a chance to practice the inappropriate behavior. He's a really nice puppy, it's really a shame he was nearly 4 months old before he had a chance to start socialization.

I think he might drive you crazy though LOL he is so super attached and needy already! Follows me all over, lays behind me so as to nearly trip me when I step back and half the time, I can't get him to go into the yard to potty if I don't go out with him because he just stands on the deck staring in the door looking for me. he isn't anxious about being separated but he is rather clingy. I kinda doubt the breeder is going to let the rest of them go anyway
Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Top Dog

The breeder STILL has the rest of the pups?! Jesus. Obviously we know the worse its going to get the older they get but do they not get that? Was it a good breeder that just got to deep and needed the money? I'd be interested to know where she is at to keep an eye on craigslist if they pop up on there if you want to pm me that. If we had gotten the last house we put the offer in I'd be all over it but we are starting to just pack and don't even know when we are moving. Its hard to find a place with all we need and it could be next summer before it comes up

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM
and Fozzie B!

Omg he is looking sooo cute and drivey! I hope you can take him, Monkey... he looks like such a happy boy and it sounds like he's from some decent lines, just not the best breeder in particular. You are amazing for taking him in and working with him Aleron!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Top Dog

He is adorable

My Photos