Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Honestly I'd probably bring a young dog or pup home nowish. By the time the pup is competing mia will be what four? And summer ten?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Summer's not super old, is she? I train with a (pretty competitive) 12 year old papillon who still drives over equipment.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
You and I are thinking along the same lines.

OR I can keep you a Pippa, keep raising her as a sports puppy, and send her to you when she's a year old.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityPup View Post
See, if I were you, I'd totally have another dog... but look at how many dogs I currently have. I'm all about if you can afford it, and it's the right time, and everyone involved is okay with it, do it.
I grew up with 6 dogs in the house at a time a lot of the time so it's still weird just having two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Honestly I'd probably bring a young dog or pup home nowish. By the time the pup is competing mia will be what four? And summer ten?
In two years they'd be 5 and 10. That's when I was planning on the third. My two dogs are so easy these days. Mia's really matured lately too into a good off switch. I miss having a crazy puppy.

It's hard because my family has told me I'm insane for thinking of doing it and it's a bad time. But I think they'll be against it whenever I get one regardless. And either way it's going to happen in the next 2 years. I don't know why I even should consider their opinion since I don't live with them.

I definitely would need to talk more with the landlord. Maybe I could talk them into a puppy since I do so many classes and such with my dogs. Their big concern is that a puppy would pee all over everything.

I really hate renting.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Agility freak!

Living in a 7 dog home right now, I totally feel your pain. Even when we go away to trials and only have Tinky and Psyche, I feel so... empty.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm All Ears

I would totally take a Pippa or a MAS too. Or a cardi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Summer's not super old, is she? I train with a (pretty competitive) 12 year old papillon who still drives over equipment.
She's 8 right now and a sturdy, healthy 8 year old. She is still really drivey and fast for her age. Definitely the fastest dog in her class. I just worry about her getting up there and eventually saying she's through. Right now there's no signs that that is happening though. I know I am probably worrying over nothing.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I would definitely talk to the landlord. If they give you the okay, I don't see why not really, if you are financially secure and have the time to raise a puppy, I'd start looking.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
In two years they'd be 5 and 10. That's when I was planning on the third. My two dogs are so easy these days. Mia's really matured lately too into a good off switch. I miss having a crazy puppy.
Hey I can totally understand this. In two years mine will be 7, 7, and 5. Being bigger dogs they probably won't be competing as long, though it's hard to say and it depends on what we'd be competing in too. So on one hand I need to wait but as I start doing the math, I'll probably want to be getting my next dog 3-4 years from now so s/he can tag along to whatever my still-competing dogs are doing.

But I really really miss crazy puppy antics. Which is why I'm "borrowing" the puppy this fall lol. And from what I understand she is a think-as-we-go fearless drivey sh** of a puppy so we are going to have a blast. She met a lake at 6 weeks old and just ran in and started swimming, along with one of her brothers...lol

I guess if I were you I would look and see if the right dog pops up. If not then you wait, but look. Because when you're looking with a real "I can actually take this dog home" vs. "I'm just looking"...well for me that tightens the criteria quite a lot and the field of prospects narrows considerably. If there's still a standout and you're ready...go for it. It's your dog, your life, not your family's.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

^------------ Enabler
Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
I would totally take a Pippa or a MAS too. Or a cardi...
You'd totally be the perfect home for a little Pip, too. Mom's looking for a sports home for her, if we're gonna rehome her.