Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

I have Border Collies- and honestly, I don't think I had a choice. My sister got our first BC, Shadow, when I was 5, and we've had BCs ever since. I've had other breeds- I had a Gordon Setter and I've fostered Papillons, Aussies, one Pit Bull x (honestly I have no idea what princess was LOL!), and its never even been a contest- Border Collies are my breed. Flat out, no way I could go to another breed, at least not without a few BCs in my house.

Why BCs, why not any other breed? I actually don't know. Its in their soul, its in their eyes. They are the most awful, manipulative, headache-inducing, wonderful, beautiful and brilliant dogs in the world. That's all I can say

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Lord Cynical

Dobermans... uhh..... *cringes* .... initially because I liked their appearance. Thank god they ended up being perfect for me, because I got interested in the breed purely on looks alone.

Now, after being in the breed a decade, there's no other guardian/protection breed I'll seriously consider. I'm addicted... their almost freakish connection with their owners, their ego, their confidence, their sense of humor, the way they think... I love their tenacity and intensity, and I LOVE their innate sense of self-control and undying respect for their people. And their versatility, oh goodness, I LOVE their versatility.

No more herding breeds for me. Corgis were chosen because my husband loves them, and I have experience with the breed. But Revy will most likely be our last. Might as well leave the breed on a good note (Revy.)

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I fell into Boxers. We had a good friend of ours who has Harlow's older brother. I loved his energy, I loved how he was with kids and other dogs, and I love that he just chilled on the couch when he was inside. Harlow's litter was their last, and I knew she would be a great starter dog for the first that I would raise on my own.

I have no regrets what-so-ever. Bully breeds have always pulled on my heart strings. I love their build, their personalities and their sense of humor, and the smiles are to die for. I have no doubt we will always have a Bully in our home.

As for the herding breed, I've always known that a herding breed is for me. I've always held a special spot for them, even though I don't know which one I will end up with yet.

And the Vizsla. DoG, we knew as soon as I read the description to DH that that was the dog for him. We have met a few in person and that is just it. Originally he wanted a GSP, but it just didn't fit quite right. The V fits like a custom boot. I can't wait to add that dog and watch it prosper in water foul hunting.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I've just always had Westie's since the day I was born. And the breed was just so perfect for me that it only made sense to carry on and get another one. And I hopefully will keep getting Westies, if not Westies then it will be another breed of terrier.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Wild At Heart

I wish Harleigh were a breed!

However, Labs (or Lab mixes) just seem to mesh so well with me. I love their goofiness and how they stay puppies for life, but also that they are just so sweet <3

Harleigh <3