Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Top Dog

Hmmm. I fell into the ACD thing. I was actually after an Australian Shepherd...was visiting the shelter, etc. A friend from the boarding kennel I worked at told me she knew someone that had a red Aussie puppy, last of the litter, she needed a home for. Boy was I surprised when I got there and it was Romeo the ACD. Probably the best breed decision I ever made...although his health is really lacking.

I've been doing a lot of considering about my next dog and I've come around full circle back to the ACD thing. I've considered BCs and Aus Shepherds and Standard Poodles..and I just feel like the ACD fits. For whatever reason I like things that are a little less popular..I'm interested in sports but I don't really want to go the typical BC route. I like the little bit 'harder' personality that an ACD has...Aussies and SPs just seem a bit too soft for my taste. A Kelpie might be on the far off horizon.