Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Wtg Pen!

I think I'm going to try the under a chair and see how that works. I used that to shape Enzo's "bow to your master" command
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Bite me.

I've used my leg before, kneeling with a leg stuck out before me, lure under it.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I shaped down with Didgie.

I started with a glance downwards, then head moving slightly down, then more lowered shoulders and pretty soon after that she offered down. I was heading towards asking for a nose poke on the ground but she downed before that came into play, but I think Sara went all the way to a nose poke on the ground with Zinga which turned into a gorgeous down.

I gotta say, I was pretty impressed with shaping it, think that's going to be my go to to start with for future dogs.
Linds, SaraB, or anyone in the midwest that is also a clicker training awesome, do you offer private lessons?! I seriously need to be shown how to do this. I apparently can't learn this on my own.

To OP: you've got some great suggestions! I've always taught down by having them sit, and the putting my hand with a treat on the ground and pulling it away from them. Or, I send them to their "bed" and most of the time they lay down there. I think I will use this with my next dog and shape the behavior that way. Or do it with a mat.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle