Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Twin 2

Default Multi Dog Household Question

Ok, so I'm having major issues dealing with the Koolies. I really don't like doing things without Traveler and he makes me feel super guilty when I do.

Part of me feels like I need to do more one on one time with Didgie. That feels like it's the "right" thing to do. But at the same time I also feel like the more I do things together with them and get both of them used to being out in public together with me and focusing on me rather than eachother the better.

I end up torturing myself everytime something comes up trying to decide if I should bring Didgie, Traveler or both. Like today I'm going to an agility trial to watch and meet people at the club. Originally I planned on bringing just Didgie since she's never been to that environment before. But then the women I'm going with told me I was more than welcome to bring both and that she won't have her dogs so if I need her to take one she could.

So now I've been sitting at home going back and forth all afternoon. I hate it! It seems so silly but I end up feeling so guilty when I leave Traveler alone but then I keep going "But shouldn't Didgie get one on one time?" but then I go back to her not being dependent on Traveler and how easily she focuses on me even if I have both of them at the same time.

So, how do you guys handle it? What would you do?