Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

LOL @ Backup, bahaha. I imagine him talking to himself the whole time, going, "Doing a good job? Yep, doing a good job. Good job, Backup? Yep, very good job. Carrying the Wubba? Yep, got the Wubba. GOOD JOB, BACKUP!!!"

Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
I did end up getting one I'd be doing alot of obedience and perhaps agility with him to begin with, then schutzhund aiming towards Rally-O and French Ring eventually.
If you train for competitive OB and Agility in any serious capacity, Rally-O is an after thought. You'll already have all the skills you need for it from OB, except for reading the signs. It's meant to be easier than OB and an pleasant crossover from agility. Sorry, also OT, just a tid bit for you. You may find it's the very first sport you compete in, since you can talk to the dog during it and it's more forgiving then OB.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
If you train for competitive OB and Agility in any serious capacity, Rally-O is an after thought. You'll already have all the skills you need for it from OB, except for reading the signs. It's meant to be easier than OB and an pleasant crossover from agility. Sorry, also OT, just a tid bit for you. You may find it's the very first sport you compete in, since you can talk to the dog during it and it's more forgiving then OB.
You read my mind. The quote "then schutzhund aiming towards Rally-O and French Ring eventually" cracked me up.

IPO alone is a huge undertaking. I'd love to see the expressions on a group of IPO enthusiasts when you tell them that you're there as a stepping stone to Rally-O.

Stephy, I'd recommend going out to watch an IPO or ring training session, if you can find a group nearby that will let you. That will give you best insight to Mal behaviour.

Emily, I can totally hear Backup saying the same thing as he carries his items on the walk, lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerotti View Post
You read my mind. The quote "then schutzhund aiming towards Rally-O and French Ring eventually" cracked me up.

IPO alone is a huge undertaking. I'd love to see the expressions on a group of IPO enthusiasts when you tell them that you're there as a stepping stone to Rally-O.
LOL yeah.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Yup, here too on the Rally-O. Honestly the look on most Sch faces when you say this sport and that (soft sport) is rather priceless, I should know, I get it a lot. Lol

We are convinced Backup knows two words and yells them all the time: FUN & BANANA!!!
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Top Dog

Oh Backup LOL!

I love the description of Harry as Brock Sampson from Venture Bros Aimee. I totally almost spit my coffee, haha!

I agree, it seems it would be silly to aim for RAlly after doing IPO. Rally is fun though... it is just really really easy for Lily and I after all the IPO style OB. I think we're definitely working on being crisper and cleaner with it than most Rally people would be, as I wanted to retrain a bunch of things because mostly I had been working on my own so much. I have to say I'm not anywhere near as interested in it, but its been useful nonetheless.

I plan to do just French Ring and maybe herding when I get a Mal. I would have to travel to do any trialing, but honestly I find the exercises more interesting personally than IPO. Not to say I don't really like IPO too.

I admire dedicated agility people and its fun to watch, but honestly it just doesn't do it for me.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post

I admire dedicated agility people and its fun to watch, but honestly it just doesn't do it for me.
Funny, that's what I too thought until I started doing it... LOL

Old 07-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

LOL Nice!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Glutton for Crazy

^^ that!

I took a job at an agility facility and planned to focus my obedience.

I'm hooked and look forward to training and trialing(someday when I'm not broke from paying for classes for my masters). It's too much fun, really!

It can be hard on the dog to train both agility and bitesport though simultaneously so I do think picking will help as a pup at least.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
LOL @ Backup, bahaha. I imagine him talking to himself the whole time, going, "Doing a good job? Yep, doing a good job. Good job, Backup? Yep, very good job. Carrying the Wubba? Yep, got the Wubba. GOOD JOB, BACKUP!!!"
This made me laugh soooo hard because it's absolutely true! Hahaha I'm never going to be able to watch a Backup video the same way now.

Quinn - English Shepherd