Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Dead Fish :(

I'm bummed. My betta died yesterday and then today I lost a neon really randomly from my other tank. The betta had been having issues since I brought him home in October with swimming. I expect he had something wrong with him, he just could never swim well and would always float or sink. Very often would swim with a weirdly bent spine too. I wasn't surprised he died.

My neon though was zipping around the tank this morning! I fed them and they looked great. This evening walked over and he was just dead. No warning whatsoever. The neon was the smallest one of the group and had a deformed gill. His left gill always was not closed like most gills (I don't know if that makes sense). He was my favorite and my only fish with a name. I was really sad he was dead and feel like a lousy fish keeper now for losing two in two days.

I can't decide if I want to put anything in the 5 gallon or just take a break from fish for a while..... I'm hoping my other neons don't go too but they look 100% healthy today. Are there any options for the 5 gallon other than a betta?