Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Default My Dad and me (wedding pictures)

I dread July 31st. It is the day my Dad passed away. This July 31st will be the 2nd anniversary of his death. In some way, it feels like it's been a lifetime. In another way, it seems like I was just holding his hand telling him we'll be ok...that he can go now...that he doesn't have to be in pain anymore. My dad took his last breath at 12:00 noon that fateful Saturday. I was sitting by his head, holding his hand close to my heart, and my mom and some close family and friends, including a former Angola inmate, who's life was changed and he credited my Dad with saving his life (my Dad did prison ministry), were all around the bed softly singing hymns.

I would give anything to have even just 5 more minutes with him. You know that song "To Dance With My Father Again"? Well, I totally get it now.

Anyway, while cleaning out the closet in the room where the dog's stay, I came across my photo albums from my wedding. It's been at least 3 years since I've looked through them, but probably longer than that. While looking through the pictures, I couldn't even remember seeing them before.

I found these pictures of me with my Dad, and I just thought I'd share them. (sorry for the quality...I had to take a phone picture of the picture iteself)

Dad, Me, Hubby, Mom

When I saw this picture, it truly became on that means the most to me. It is a pic of me hugging him at the end of the father/daughter dance...when he has to "let me go".
Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

If anyone else would like to share their father/daughter pics, I'd love to see them.

I was so blessed to have a great relationship with my Dad. Sure, we fought, but considering he was always right, and I was always right...well, there was surely bound to be some conflict. lol But I could not have asked for a better father and mentor in my life.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Felurian

Ah, Staci . . . you look so lovely and your dad looks so proud -- but a little wistful, too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Love my pets

So glad you have these pics to remember him by. Cherish them always and remember all these specials moments.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:08 AM
<--------Orson

You look lovely and your dad looks so proud

(((((((HUGS))))))) I understand how you feel. There are a few anniversary dates I don't care for each year I'm past all but one.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 AM
swimming upstream

that last photo is so poignant. It is hard to rewind to those dates with loved ones who are gone now. It helps to cherish your photos, and more importantly your memories--I know you do.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Kaydee

Ya made me cry Darlin', I know I only have a few more years with my Dad and we've always been super close...cherish the wonderful memories {{{Hugs}}}