Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
and Fozzie B!

I think color specific breeders are weird... especially when it's ONE color only. But the dogs do have nice type! This puppy is effin adorable. http://www.cedarbordercollies.com/images/copper_web.jpg

If you could, meet the dogs and the breeder and decide for yourself! Susan Garrett is amazing. I definitely trust her judgement.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

They have some very nice dogs, I quite like them. Other than the yellow/light eyes that is. There are much, much worse breeders out there, Cedar seems quite good about clearances and such where I know other sport breeders don't seem to bother with doing everything right.....
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
If you could, meet the dogs and the breeder and decide for yourself! Susan Garrett is amazing. I definitely trust her judgement.
She didn't get any other dog from there...and has criticized Buzz's temperament and structure...so take from that what you will lol.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
She didn't get any other dog from there...and has criticized Buzz's temperament and structure...so take from that what you will lol.
Didn't she write Shaping Success because of Buzz? He sounds like a very high drive dog. His lineage looks to be 100% working dogs which might be why! He definitely isn't much to look at though. That book reminded me of Gonzo a lot.

My favorite sport/colorful BC breeder is Contact Point. Prepare to spend $2000 on a puppy, but it's going to be a NICE puppy with a NICE personality!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

Thanks for the all the info guys.

I have heard of Contact Point before... I "knew" someone on YT whose dog came from there - seems like a really cool dog.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Yup I'm with Allie. Not really a breeder I would go to, but people could do way worse too.
^ pretty much what Allie, Laur, and others have said They seem to breed for color and temperament. Not a breeder I would recommend, purely because you can get very stellar temperaments out of sport or working bred dogs, and at least those breeders are breeding for something a little more than looks.

I do not see the draw to this breeder (color based, I guess?), however the dogs do look well health tested and cared for, which is nice.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l