Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm All Ears

They always try to talk me into classes to socialize Mia because she ignores them. Also, she apparently can't sit on command because when they ask her she doesn't. My poor abused and untrained little dog.

I get so annoyed because every time I go to petsmart I get about 5 comments about how Mia is sooo shy. Really no, she's just ignoring you. For some reason Mia will not go up to people at petsmart but she will sometimes outside at the park.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Mostly they leave me alone because of my vicious glare and snooty dogs.

Morons.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Only time anybody has asked anything at all similar to this... was just a bad attempt at flirting..

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
I had a Petsmart cashier tell me once, "Wow, your dog is really well trained! You should take him to our training class!" Um....
That's because they kick the untrained dogs out of classes . I mean really, you have no idea how many times I've been told "Oh yeah, he failed obedience school at Petsmart because he was disrupting the other dogs." Very bizarre to me, really.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
That's because they kick the untrained dogs out of classes . I mean really, you have no idea how many times I've been told "Oh yeah, he failed obedience school at Petsmart because he was disrupting the other dogs." Very bizarre to me, really.
I could see it in the scenario that maybe the dog is like, really just being a big @sshat and maybe needs private training to get him to calm the crap down before he can do group classes. They probably do it for less extreme cases though lol.

I have never been asked if I like dogs. The opposite is that everyone assumes I just looooove dogs and don't mind them jumping on me and licking me and whatnot. I mean, of course I like dogs; but honestly, I like other peoples dogs FAR LESS than I like my own dogs. My own dogs are allowed to slobber my face as often as they want, but other dogs? They get pushed away if they go in for a kiss. I'm horrible. This doesn't work in my favor too well considering I work with animals

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Usually at work people touring the kennel will see me cleaning up poop and say "You must really like dogs!" Well, I sure hope so.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
They always try to talk me into classes to socialize Mia because she ignores them. Also, she apparently can't sit on command because when they ask her she doesn't. My poor abused and untrained little dog.

I get so annoyed because every time I go to petsmart I get about 5 comments about how Mia is sooo shy. Really no, she's just ignoring you. For some reason Mia will not go up to people at petsmart but she will sometimes outside at the park.
I get that a lot with Travis. People ask why he is scared, why he is slinking away etc.
Well, you see, my dog is very small, doesn't know you from a bar of soap and you seem to think he will be ok with you hovering over him and trying to pick him up? How would you feel being put in the same situation?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/