Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

LHW! My next dog will likely be a Whippet. LH or SH, I don't know. But their personality sounds good w/your description of what you want. I believe Kerri's mentioned to me that her LHWs are pretty decent off leash.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
LHW! My next dog will likely be a Whippet. LH or SH, I don't know. But their personality sounds good w/your description of what you want. I believe Kerri's mentioned to me that her LHWs are pretty decent off leash.
OLDish thread... but I haven't been around much.

My whippets are as good off leash as any dog. Bounce particularly so. They are so into 'their' ppls that they are not likely to wander if your attention isn't on them.

The silkens are like Zoi in temperament. Whilst pretty they aren't for me.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Been on vacation and not reading chaz..

If cocker of any type is on your list, be prepared to travel. I've been looking for two years or a 'pretty', well tempered, athletic, from performance winning americans.. and even willing to drive 20 hours.. I'm still as nada. To the point where I think I've given up. I found a breeder with a bitch that I ould pay whatever to get an american puppy from.. and she told me 'if' she ever breeds the puppies are all spoken for and wouldn't respond to my second email. I want drive. Apparently I can't buy that.

Cider is puppymill trash, but has a more fieldy coat.. less effort and care.. few field trials for spaniels up here.. the breeders I've talked to.. I wouldn't get a dog from.

You'd have to be willing to travel.. The show english breeders I've run into here, I too would run away from, but have met some decent agility folk with englishs that I'd consider talking to if the breed tickled my fancy (they aren't fr me personally though).

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 07-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Not a Border Collie

I was hoping you two would reply! Sorry for the delay - haven't been on the laptop much and I hate typing & posting from my phone.

Bounce is what really made me consider Whippets - I noticed that she is very into you, Kerri, and I like that you've said she's good off leash. How does Dash compare? I just love her size too and she is just so sweet. I could see myself with a Bounce, LOL.

That's such a shame about the Cockers here. I'm sorry to hear that ):

Quinn - English Shepherd