Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
1. Go to the liquor store
I don't need to go to the liquor store. I am a liquor store...got the cupboards stocked and ready in case of emergency.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
LMAO! Good idea. Drunk gardening is so much more fun, and the time just flies by. Stay away from sharp things though.

Honestly... I wish that was my to do list, rather than my day at work today. And tomorrow. I've been getting ALL of the huge, wild, untrained large dog desheds and it takes hours to get the undercoat out of all of my orifices/eyes/eyelashes/hair/eyebrows. Goldens and GSDs all day! My job makes me not want a GSD, having to deal with all of these unbelievably annoying dogs. I'd much rather plant pretty flowers than blow out 10 lbs of fur. It would probably hurt my back much less too.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
I am glad to be able to say I do this (for work) nearly daily

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Romy. You're hired. When can you start? Do you have someone to watch the kids? Or can they help? Andrew is too busy building my arbor and doing those bigger jobs.
Sad thing is, I could do it tomorrow or Thursday. Aurelia is a pro, she helps me garden all the time. I have her totally trained to know what a weed is and how to remove them by the roots. Sam would have to stay with my parents though because he likes to eat beauty bark.

I make lists. It helps me make sure nothing important is forgotten, and that way I can budget time so I'm not all running around messing up and having to retake the same steps over and over.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Ihart...I had GSDs. And a Lab. I totally get what you're talking about with the copious amounts of dog hair. You could maybe sell it for knitting sweaters. Or get into that hobby yourself. I remember big handfuls, wads of hair throughout the house and the need to brush and brush and brush. I used a rubber curry that I had for the horses...the kind with a couple rows of blunt teeth around the edges. Those work surprisingly well. Horses shed a lot too in spring. Unbelievable. As far as the back goes...I'm not so sure. My back is killing me. All that digging, bending over, squatting down for hours on end is proving to be causing a seriously achy back. This morning, I'm so sore. I hope it doesn't go out on me. I use to be able to work outside all day long and doing heavier stuff than this is. Goes to show how age works it's curse on the body.

Jess...no kidding? You work in a liquor store? That would be a pretty interesting place to work. You could learn a lot about all the different kinds of booze. lol.

Romy! That's fantastic how Aurelia can pull weeds by their roots. Kids hardly ever get that, especially ones so young. Good training! And that's hard to know a weed from some of the little plants that come up when they seed themselves. Pretty cute, I'd say. Sam eats beauty bark? Yuck. Well, I don't have much beauty bark left... save for a little on the side of the house that the builder put here. Otherwise, I'm using black mulch everywhere. It doesn't have all those chemicals they put on beauty bark and it isn't acidic, which most of the flowers appreciate, but the Rhodies don't. But there are a great deal of poisonous plants around, to be sure. Does he eat Rhododendron leaves? I do have some spinach coming up he could have. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson