Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Default Ellas Lead small dog leads

Anyone here have a small dog lead from them? (This guy: http://ellaslead.com/inc/sdetail/34/1249)

I really, really love my Ellas Lead, but it's just too heavy. I can't use it on martingales or gentle leaders because the leash weighs them down and keeps them tightened. So I had a separate cheap nylon lead to use in situations where I needed something lighter.... and well, Juno ended up chewing throug that one, so I need a new leash anyway. Browsed the Elleas Lead website and saw they have "small leads" but don't want to order one without knowing if it's going to make a difference.

We have Mendota leads at work that I think might be light enough, but they don't come in a color I want in the length that I want (4').

So anyway - any experience with those small dog leads?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 07-14-2012, 08:36 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I think they should be plenty fine!! If a cheap nylon could hold her/work, then an ellas lead should be fine. Plus even the lighter rope is super strong and tuff!! I dont have an ellas lead small leash, but I have a small mountain rope lead, and I felt very comfortable with it holding Riley (70+lbs, and it did hold all his pulling weight several times).