Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Default Basic manners

So my sister is Fostering-to-Adopt a nine month old lab X puppy. He needs to learn some basic manners, and I was wondering what I should tell her to start with. He already is house trained from what they say and what I saw, and he doesn't bite. He is horrible on a leash, so I suggested a front attached harness.

I also told her about the Be a Tree technique, but I that will take a long time for the dog to learn for some reason. He is treat oriented, and he likes toys, and honestly, I think he seems like a pretty chill dog once he gets his energy out from being cooped up all day in a rescue.

I also told her to work on his focus on her, because he seems pretty spazzy. What else would be good to instill basic manners in a young dog? I think I'll tell her about NILIF
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.