Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I know nothing (jon snow) on building confidence , but that little face is adorbs. I hope it all works out well for you
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Twin 2

Oh my god the fuzzy ears! So much cute!!!

You need to post in the puppy thread too!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazbot View Post
Thank you guys for the advice. He does the rolling on the floor and peeing on himself. If I catch him in time I make him sit, then give chest scratches or scratch under his chin, I try not come over the top of him when I give him loves. We just got him starting to tug. He had no toys at his old home, so he's just learning what toys are and what he's supposed to do with them.
Tug is good. You can also look online for other confidence building games.

He's really, really cute. I bet he'll come right around as he gets use to his new environment and all. Good luck. Kudos for giving him a good home.

Actually, I wouldn't do anything if he rolls on his back and urinates...no fuss, no attention, no commands.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-11-2012, 01:18 PM
aka PretzelDog

He's adorable! Reminds me of Murray from "Mad about you", is that who you named him after?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 PM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
He's adorable! Reminds me of Murray from "Mad about you", is that who you named him after?
We didn't even put 2 and 2 together about Mad About You until a friend asked the same thing. We just thought it was a good name and he looked like a Murray. His original name was Cinnamon.

What kind of interactive toys would help build his confidence? Something like treat toys where he has to work for them or something else?

Thank you all for the advice and comments on his cuteness...He's got the puppy look down, and manages to melt me every time he does it.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
and Fozzie B!

Omg he's adorable! Murray is such a good name for him. Congrats on the new baby!!!

To remedy the submissive urination... I suggest not approaching him. Call him to you, give him a treat, and give him slow, calm petting and attention. No baby talk or squealing or anything. When you first see him or let him out of his crate, ignore him and wait until he's calm. Crouch next to him, try to be as emotionless as possible and distract him by dropping a treat when you need to put his leash or collar on. NEVER give him any attention if he rolls over, just walk away.

Tug-a-jugs are fun & reqire tugging, tossing and rolling to get the kibble out! Stuffed kongs are also essential with puppies. I'd clicker train him, hand feed him and capture good behavior like sitting and coming as often as possible. I wouldn't give him ANY harsh verbal corrections or physical corrections, as he sounds like a really sensitive guy. Ignoring bad behavior, occasional "ah-ah"s, and rewarding good behavior should teach him what you want from him quickly.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
not so newby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Omg he's adorable! Murray is such a good name for him. Congrats on the new baby!!!

To remedy the submissive urination... I suggest not approaching him. Call him to you, give him a treat, and give him slow, calm petting and attention. No baby talk or squealing or anything. When you first see him or let him out of his crate, ignore him and wait until he's calm. Crouch next to him, try to be as emotionless as possible and distract him by dropping a treat when you need to put his leash or collar on. NEVER give him any attention if he rolls over, just walk away.

Tug-a-jugs are fun & reqire tugging, tossing and rolling to get the kibble out! Stuffed kongs are also essential with puppies. I'd clicker train him, hand feed him and capture good behavior like sitting and coming as often as possible. I wouldn't give him ANY harsh verbal corrections or physical corrections, as he sounds like a really sensitive guy. Ignoring bad behavior, occasional "ah-ah"s, and rewarding good behavior should teach him what you want from him quickly.
Awesome, Thank you for the toy advice. We'll get a tug a jug for him and try that. We do have kongs that he likes. He's very sensitive, and wants nothing more than to please us. He comes to a sliding sit when we call him to us, almost like some one sliding into base. He's really smart and has learned really quickly.