Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Bite me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Oh my do tell...
Well geez, she's such a great home, if you had a litter of Malinois coming up, wouldn't you LOVE to get one in her family?

Sorry Brown Stick Dog, didn't mean to derail your thread. Back to you now!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Well geez, she's such a great home, if you had a litter of Malinois coming up, wouldn't you LOVE to get one in her family?

Sorry Brown Stick Dog, didn't mean to derail your thread. Back to you now!
That makes me excited!

I still say someone on Chaz needs this puppy.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 07-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Good thing he's a boy!! Sure is a cutie
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM
aka RedHotBabe

OMG. I want him. He reminds me of Rumor. I think it's his eyes, and possibly the fact that his ears make him look a little spastic.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Bite Club

Monkeys wants him . He definitely needs to stay on Chaz we always need more Mals!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

Lol, gee how did you guess?

My only concern would be what she said about him fearing other dogs and strangers. If she thinks thats something he'll grow out of with proper socialization/training.... well then I'm might be on board. I just already have a major project dog... I don't need two nervy buggers ya know?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Professional Nerd

Oh, he's previous!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
Lol, gee how did you guess?

My only concern would be what she said about him fearing other dogs and strangers. If she thinks thats something he'll grow out of with proper socialization/training.... well then I'm might be on board. I just already have a major project dog... I don't need two nervy buggers ya know?
LOL one nervy bugger is enough!

I'm pretty hopeful today that he will be ok with more exposure and training. I took him to work with me and he made friends with everyone without any sort of anti-social behavior. I did have them wait for him to approach though. He saw people come and go without acting at all reactive. He's still uncertain with Savvy and Sully the Brittany. By the end of the day he was pretty tolerant of Sully and he's getting there with Savvy (it is not at all unusual for young puppies to not like Savvy LOL). He's ok with dogs who are disinterested in him but gets worried when they are too forward. And when he gets worried, he shows his teeth and snaps.

So far he's not all that crazy. Compared to Savvy he's a pretty easy puppy LOL he is wild and loves to run-run-run-run but doesn't have any trouble settling down in the grooming shop and napping when nothing is going on. He's good in his crate for the most part. Jumps baby gates and already is so attached to me that he becomes very sad when I leave....and very, very joyful when I return.

Overall my impression is he's a nice puppy, just needs work on the socialization and interaction with people/dogs he doesn't know. I have seen far worse Belgians than him turn into nice dogs. I'll continue to evaluate him as he gets more acclimated. I think he has never been exposed to toys and right now is just getting interested in playing with them alone. When I try to play toy games with him, he's like "You're weird. If you want to play, I will bounce on you and maybe you will chase me!". So I am going to do some flirt pole work with him and see if I can't bring out some better interest in toys/tugging/chasing games.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

I'd love to have one. Seriously, I've only been trying to find a breeder/get a pup for the last 7 months now. LOL.

Hope he and his sister find fabulous homes! If you need a foster for either for the next few months, I'd be willing to help out!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

Oh and I do know the pedigree of his sire (he's from Mohawk) but his dam is unregistered bred by a local police dog trainer. I'm hoping to talk to the breeder tonight and see if I can get more info but not holding my breath.