Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Huh. I guess I charge a lot then :P

$16 per 15 minutes, $18 per half hour visit, $21 per 45 minutes - all not including mileage.

No extra charges for more dogs, or for cleaning litter boxes/cages. Take care of any and all animals in the house within the time frame paid for.

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

We just paid a pet sitter for two full days and two nights. She came by 4 times for an hour each during the full days and then the last stop was at 1030-1130pm and back again at 730am. We asked her to rotate them/give them attention outside in pairs and then back inside and straight to crates. She fed and everything. We paid her $40 per day. The agreed price was $30 per day but we left 5 dogs this time so we thought that wasn't enough LOL
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Love my pets

Definitely take into account how far you are from the place you are sitting for. I charge less when it's closer to my home since I'm using less gas. I do charge for the amount of times I have to go back to the home each day. You could put up signs saying to call for prices.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Top Dog

Oh I'll only be sitting for people in the neighborhood, I can't drive. I'm not looking for this to be a business really, I just want it to be known that there's a girl in the neighborhood who will watch their pets if they are interested. I don't exactly know how to communicate that with a sign, I don't want people to think it's a professional business because it's not.

People on another forum are making me worried, saying I need insurance or I could get sued if something happens. Maybe signs are a bad idea and I should just stick with the people I already sit for and word of mouth.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Our pet sitter charges $15 for a 30min visit. She always ends up staying closer to an hour though! We have her come by 3 times a day, so it's $45 a day.

Jess watches our pets/house for us on big trips though, which is awesome

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

What you should do is your research on what people's options are. Phone some local kennels and house sitting services, both for with pet and without pet for the house sitting. If you can, do some kennel tours and pretend you're looking for a place to board, so you know what's out there and what they're like, what someone would be paying if they had their dogs there.

You should have some sort of legal butt cover, but it can be as simple as doing some research and writing something up that says that you are not to be held liable for anything. Also, have a vet permission form along with a credit card number for each pet, in case you come and find them ill and need to take them in - so you're not footing the bill because the owners turn around and say they're not going to pay you back. And if the pet is elderly you may want to bring up the topic of what their final plans are or if they have any.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Oh yeah, my petsitter is also licensed, bonded, and certified in pet CPR.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Our pet sitter charges $15 for a 30min visit. She always ends up staying closer to an hour though! We have her come by 3 times a day, so it's $45 a day.

Jess watches our pets/house for us on big trips though, she is awesome
You're too sweet.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

I pay 100$ for a weekend here which is Friday to Sunday. That includes three horses, four dogs and five cats as well as two gliders.

Usually I they want to come early enough that can be sat morning to. And I tend to come home early lol!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I get paid $45 a day when I house sit. They have one dog and two cats, and I spend the night there. I feed them, walk the dog, give him his medication, get the mail, water plants, and clean the litter box.