Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post

Honestly, I'd try to convince the owners not to rehome her. It aggravates me soooo much when people rehome their dog because they want them to be SUPER DUPER EXTRA spoiled. 90% of dogs live in a backyard and receive very little attention at all! Clearly she gets much more love and care than the average dog. And they always wait until the dog is 1-2 years old, past their cute puppyness, and the whole routine has just gotten old to them. Makes me wanna smack a hoe. D: They don't have time to exercise her, and can't take her to doggy daycare as much as they would want?! Umm let's see.
I agree with this. Maybe you can help them figure out a way to keep Lily?

And she doesn't look like a Dobe to me but then, I see a lot of pet bred Rotties. They range from looking like her to having giant blocky heads and short wide muzzles and everything in between. As with most common breeds, the average ones you see out and about often look quite different from the dogs you see bred for work or show.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Sounds like you've made your decision, and I think it is the right one. I've had to ask myself that a lot lately with some dogs I've seen. "Do I want this dog, or do I just care enough about this dog to want it to go to a good home?"

Like with Fuzz, the Rottie/Pit mix I knew from work who was being rehomed. I loved that dog and at any other point in my life I would have scooped him up - but even though I adored him, what I really wanted was for him to have a good home. And, as far as I know, he has one now.

And I, too, really want that Lab pup.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

I know it's hard but sometimes it's best to say no and wait. Which daycare do you work at? I almost interviewed at a few in Calgary.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
More importantly, however, I really do want my lab pup. Even in the next year I will have to evaluate whether the time is right but I definitely have built up my ideal dog and not sure if I'm willing to give that "goal" up. I mean, i have wavered a little between breed (toller vs lab) but I always come back to lab puppy. It's a consistent and I think Xandra you're on the ball when you say it has little chance of regret because it has withstood the test of time.
Agreed...stick with your plans. There aren't many homeless dogs here and far less ACDs. I know I want a puppy in the spring...and just in the last two weeks TWO 1yr female ACDs have come up on CL. It's really hard but I want something specific, and want to be able to raise a dog on my terms.