Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I wish I didn't have to work.

Then again I have tues, wed, thurs off and only work Friday morning. I guess I'm doing okay (until I get my horrifically small paycheck).
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I asked my mom the other day if I could just be a stay at home pet owner. She didn't even bother responding, and pretended to not hear me.

My job's really not that bad, it's just that I was suddenly given manager duties and it's pissing me off mainly cause I have to do everybody else's work now when they dont do it

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

This holiday (Independence Day) will be the first holiday I have gotten off, EVER, since I started working six years ago. The joys of working at a boarding kennel.

This weekend will be the first weekend I've had off, EVER (unless I requested off), since I've started working six years ago.

Working as a veterinary assistant has its perks, let me tell you. When the clinic is closed, I don't have to work! Hooray!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Love My Mutt <3

So... last night, two guys decided to go swimming in some rapids of the Ottawa River, despite not being able to swim. Yah, I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.

So now, the parkway that the bus takes to go home, is cut off while the police are out there looking for bodies. Fine, whatever, the bus has a detour down a street. That's fine.. IF THAT STREET WAS OPEN. No, it's not, because it's construction season and one of the many streets cut off right at my road.

Yah, definitely got stranded with no way to get anywhere near home without walking an hour+... further than if I just walked from work. Luckily, I was able to talk the bus driver into driving me closer to home so I'd only have a 20 minute walk.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Obey the Toad.

We have Wednesday off only.

When I worked at the barn I ended up working lots of holidays because those silly horses like to eat every day :P It really did suck working the 4th of July though. I'm in Indiana, land of corn and fireworks, and everyone and their brother is lighting them off, usually starting midday, on the 4th. It would not have been bad if we didn't still have to guide trail rides until 2pm or so. The horses were pretty good about the fireworks over all, but our trail went through neighborhoods and every so often someone would set one off too close or light an M80 and things would get exciting.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Hmmm I get all bank holidays off (7 or 8 I think) and we got an extra one this year for the jubilee.

Generally if you work on a holiday you should get time and half or double time.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Love My Mutt <3

oh we do get paid extra.. still doesn't make it worth it some days LOL

Yah, we have fireworks going off like daily (despite them being illegal), thankfully I don't have a dog afraid of them (though poor Renegade is)

Old 07-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
So... last night, two guys decided to go swimming in some rapids of the Ottawa River, despite not being able to swim. Yah, I'm sure you can guess how that turned out.

So now, the parkway that the bus takes to go home, is cut off while the police are out there looking for bodies. Fine, whatever, the bus has a detour down a street. That's fine.. IF THAT STREET WAS OPEN. No, it's not, because it's construction season and one of the many streets cut off right at my road.

Yah, definitely got stranded with no way to get anywhere near home without walking an hour+... further than if I just walked from work. Luckily, I was able to talk the bus driver into driving me closer to home so I'd only have a 20 minute walk.
So wait, some people DIED, and you're complaining because their bodies still being missing made you later than normal getting home?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
So wait, some people DIED, and you're complaining because their bodies still being missing made you later than normal getting home?
I think she's more annoyed that the city planning people failed to realize the detour is a street that's closed right now rather than people dying made her late getting home. Gotta say i would be too.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Love My Mutt <3

No, I'm complaining that construction is stupid, and the police blocking off the whole road is stupid when it's nowhere near them.

ETA: Mandy beat me to it. This is literally the ONLY road home. and it's not like they couldn't have detoured elsewhere if they really felt the need to, they could have. And it's not like they didn't realize there was construction on the road they detoured to, it has been there for 2 weeks at least, and will be for the next 2 years