Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
KEANU & SAGE!

I had a smaller dog once when I was still in my teen years, she weight about 25 lbs, and resembled a chocolate lab but miniturized. She was very good with us kids. When we would rough house, Cocoa would join in, but she was gentle about it.

Keanu wasnt like this when he was younger, but i think it started happening about the time the the kids here now started teasing him with his ball. Instead of having him do a trick and giving it back, they would keep it, and toss it back and forth. So now he thinks its okay to "play" with the kids. I'm working on the ball thing and the rough housing/running thing too.

I make the kids do right by the ball. Trick then toss. The rough housing/running, I will either make him lay down, sit or something if they start up with in the room hes in. His excited jumping took awhile, so i know this most likely will too. Not because hes dumb, hes just stubborn.

Partially my fault, I trained him since he was young but I didnt enforce certain things because I never really needed too. Now its basically biting me in the ass.