Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
If you want pricked ears, you have to brace them now. The cartilage is thickening at this age and once it develops a hard break, it is impossible to get them to stand.

Classic loooooved his ear taping times. It was mommy-puppy bonding time and he would more often than not fall asleep during the process. I did use a lot of adhesive remover to ensure that no hair was pulled while un-taping though. I can see how puppies would learn really quick to hate it if you don't do that, especially the long haired pups.

Same here. Lyric didn't mind at all. He was very relaxed when I worked on his ears. I used backwards paper tape over tampons with a nice padding at the bottom of the tampon where it sat in the "well." Then I used paper tape around the outside of the ear and vet wrap around that. (you have to pre-stretch the vet wrap and be careful it doesn't get too tight and check it after it's been on for a while as it can get tighter.) Paper tape isn't very sticky so you'd have to use something on the outside too...don't know if that would work for what you're doing.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson