Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-30-2012, 04:43 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Seems to be international. =( We're having an aweful strom as we speak - The walls are shaking from the thunder and it's hailing. O.o

Thankfully it takes ALOT for there to be poweroutages here.

Stay safe!!!

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Top Dog

OMG last night was crazyyyy. I am dogsitting at someone's house and was so scared by myself, LOL. I wasn't expecting a storm at all and that wind was insane. And the lightening!

Today, I do have power at this house thank goodness but most of the other houses around do not. There's about 88,000 out in this county alone, I think. But my friend and I had planned to go to the movies and decided to try it anyways early around 11, the mall was insane but we got there easily. Then on the way home a bunch of roads were blocked, a ton of power was out, lights were out and the gas stations are CRAZY. Very few places have gas. We had people cussing at each other and cutting people off, and I'm like woah people. We've only not had power for a DAY. Imagine if it goes out for weeks. I think we'd all kill each other.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Speaking of the possibility of power going out for weeks... My little sister's power went out in Annandale, VA. She is at my Aunt's house right now and heard that it mat be about 8 days or so for power to be back on.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Top Dog

yep, I spent most of today driving a Kubota back and forth from a pond, pumping water into troughs to carry water to a herd of ~60 horses.

The power came back on at a little before 3 in the afternoon, so we didn't even have it all that bad, considering!

That storm was quite something to watch, though!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 06-30-2012, 06:51 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Caitlin there were multiple trees down and in roads this morning. They managed to move most of them by the time I got off work but there are still downed trees on the sides of the roads.
I can't believe how many trees are down! Almost every road was blocked. A lot of roads are still a mess.

Adam's cell phone hasn't been working. He's on AT&T. I have Verizon and have been mostly okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
OMG last night was crazyyyy. I am dogsitting at someone's house and was so scared by myself, LOL. I wasn't expecting a storm at all and that wind was insane. And the lightening!
I had no idea it was even supposed to rain. When the lights started to flicker and then just went out I was so confused. Then five minutes later the trees were sideways and the sky was bright as day, lol.

My friend was stuck at a gas station earlier. Not because there's no gas, but because nothing has power. So crazy.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Kaydee

No rain here but a dreadful house fire two blocks away, smoke everywhere
Old 06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Still no power at my house. Rumor has it they'll have it back on Wednesday...5 days w/o a/c in 95-100 degree weather is not fun Poor little fluffy black dog!

Annnnd we're supposed to leave for europe wednesday. somehow i have to coordinate with the dog sitter, print airline tickets, stop the mail, etc by using library computers and printers!
Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Squishy face

My work was crazy too, but we got our power back at around 4pm. They returned power to places that NEED it in Mclean like hospitals, and that included animal hospitals. Most of Mclean is still without power, including most stoplights. Although everyone I saw in that area was actually driving intelligently and treating the non-working stoplights as stop signs like they are supposed to.

Fauquier county, where I am petsitting at my parents' house, doesn't seem to have been affected by power outages. And gee its hard to type this with a large cat on your face...

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:16 AM

I'm glad they returned the power to you guys at work Cristy. The vet clinic next to my work was also without power yesterday and when my boss talked to them to see if they had a potential plan in place (since they have kenneled animals too) they just shrugged their shoulders.

Yesterday I almost ended up trying to get a hold of any vet in town since we had a couple English bulldogs that were really struggling with the heat. Problem is my phone wouldn't connect to the internet for the majority of the day so I wouldn't know of more than a couple vets to check. Thank goodness one of my coworkers that had power decided to just take the bulldogs home with them so they can stay cooler.

Right now its a little after 4am. I'm heading into work early. My coworkers have been taking turns tonight checking in on the dogs to make sure they are ok and since I'm the opening shift leader I figured I'd go in early this morning. Hopefully the last person there left the flashlights where I can find them.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 AM

Just showed up at work. I'm the ONLY living soul in the entire shopping center and I'm actually scared to go inside.

Here's a photo I just snapped. That's the Dunkin Donuts and my dog daycare is to the left. All of these stores usually have night lights on, but now its pitch black.

Should I mention that I'm actually a little afraid of the dark? I have to go park behind the building since all the dogs were moved last night to our other building behind the shopping center. Oh and the neighborhood behind the shopping center isn't a great one exactly which makes me all the more chicken sh@t right now.