Job Application Q

Romy

Taxiderpy
If you're applying by e-mail, does your cover letter go in the body of the e-mail or do you send it as an attachment?

CaliTerp07

I've always attached it, and written a quick note in the body.

"To whom it may concern:

Attached, please find my resume and cover letter for the position of ___________ as listed on (monster.com, craigslist, etc). If there are any questions, you may reach me at phone# or email address.

Thank you for your time"

Romy

Taxiderpy
Thanks! Is there a standard document format used? I use open office, but can put it in .doc or .pdf if one of those is better. It seems like checking around on google everyone has different answers.

send it as attachment

it is better if you will just send it as attachment. with that being said, it is best to make an outstanding cover letter for employers to check document that you have attached. with bulk of email applications that employers receive everyday, don't just settle for anything less but excellent by catching the attention of the one in charge. good luck on your application. keep us posted!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Thanks everyone. If anybody has some spare jobvibes I'd really appreciate a few sent this way.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I always attach mine as well. And have never really known if that's the "correct" way to do it (I've seen websites that say it should go in the body of the email), but it hasn't prevented me from getting interviews, at least.

I'm using a lot of my job vibes on myself, but I'll send the extras to you! :p

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Lots of vibes!!

I've always written it as the body of the email and attached my resumé, but I don't know if I'm the best person to listen to. My current job came about through sheer dumb luck; walked in and got interviewed/hired on the spot.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Thanks! Southpaw, I'm sending some back too. :) It seems to work better the more there are flying around.

lizzybeth727

Good luck!!!

I've always attached it as a .pdf, don't know if that's right. I think I also copy it in the body of the email just to get their attention. But if you put it in the body of your email be sure to attach a copy, too; a lot of employers print them out and it looks really sloppy to have a printed out email.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Woo! Maybe it's working! Someone wants to do an interview next week but hasn't given me a time and day yet.

Members online

No members online now.