Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

THe group I hung with in highschool was definitely the druggie group. NOt one did it "because it was illegal". Most of it was for the experience. Yes, its a mood alterer, doesnt mean you rely on it to alter your mood all the time or that your mood is sad/depressed without it (unless you are talking addiction which is NOT the same). I never did hardcore as I never wanted to. I only smoked pot as I felt nice and relaxed on it, but I didnt really drink when I was younger as I didnt like the way it made me feel.

Heck, a really good yoga or meditation can alter my mood for sure, or a glass of wine in the evening, or a bath, or sex, etc. Marijuana does have health benefits as well.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Taxiderpy

If you have any family history of bipolar or schizophrenia you shouldn't touch pot with a 30' pole. I can't go into detail on a public forum at this time, but it pretty much destroyed my family and put our lives in danger.

And people absolutely can get addicted to it. I know that from first hand life experience (not me, but someone close to me).
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Kaydee

Not that I ever...inhaled or anything but I think it's almost laughable they suggest that even a bad imitation of marijuana or cocaine is going to make someone go stark raving nuts munching dogs and stuff.

That was angel dust and even folks that party hearty tend to avoid dust for just that reason. Cocaine is not a good thing imitation or real but I don't think even a crackhead would try to eat a dog.

i don't know from this new stuff incense and spice and all but the article sounds like "Reefer Madness", jus' sayin

And yes, I absolutely think they should legalize it, alcohol has messed up alot more people than weed ever will. Everything in moderation
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

I'm afraid to open the link. Or even read the posts. That's all.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I'm afraid to open the link. Or even read the posts. That's all.
The thread's okay Dober, it just turned into an MJ debate thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Kaydee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
The thread's okay Dober, it just turned into an MJ debate thread.
{{{{Innnnhhhaaaallle}}} debate wha...who????Heeehheeeheeeopco rn:
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
{{{{Innnnhhhaaaallle}}} debate wha...who????Heeehheeeheeeopco rn:
Are you sure that's enough popcorn?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Are you sure that's enough popcorn?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I hope I can make this come off as a serious question, because it is. As I've said, I accept that I will never really get why people do drugs, but that alone makes me more curious about the reasons. If you wouldn't be using it to alter your mood - why would you chose to use it? What other benefits does it provide to the healthy person?
Similar to why people drink...just to get a little intoxicated, have fun. It does enhance things. I do like to drink here and there, but you know if you drink a little too much you end up sick and have a pounding headache in the morning..you can black out, eh. Weed isn't like that...you can get pretty high without nasty side effects.

I don't do anything harder...I have, but most everything else is fairly addictive and I'm prone to addictive habits.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Top Dog

Who said weed is a gateway drug...? LOLOLOL.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb