Chaos and the bad bad Bean

elegy

overdogged
Things are HARD right now.

Bringing home a bratty puppy to integrate into a household with three other dogs is hard enough, but then put one of those adult dogs (the high energy one!) on crate rest and rehab and things get far more complicated. Add in that the crate-resting dog is very grouchy, leash-aggressive, and hates the puppy. Sigh.

(I think they'll be fine once Steve gets to have his life back.)

We are getting the crate screaming under better control. He's still loud when he's loud, but he's sleeping at night, and he was quiet at work yesterday, so things are definitely improving.

Bean is really a delightful puppy. He loves everybody. He's so happy. He's practically housebroken. He fetches, he tugs, he eats shoes like it's his job. He's figured out how to go up steps and he thinks he's pretty badass because of that.

I am struggling to get him to eat well. He was raw fed at the breeder's, but I really would prefer he eat kibble. He would prefer he eat chickens. Not sure what our compromise is going to be. (Right now he's eating a blue flower-print lobster.)

All in all, I'm very happy with him.

(This post is useless without photos)

(My cat spilled water on my laptop, so while I'm waiting for it to dry out and praying it will still work, I'm stuck with my old laptop, which is SUPER SLOW and makes photo editing excruciatingly painful.)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I can borrow Bean til Steve is fixed? Mira needs a new playmate while Kim is also broken...

Hope things get better. Good luck with Steve especially.

jenv101

Bite Club
He is so so so adorable!!! I hope things improve for you soon - at least getting the screaming under control, or somewhat, is a step in the right direction!

I'm glad the screaming has calmed and so sorry about Steve. I think it's time you take a deep long breath and enjoy your puppy.

Bean is so cute and sounds like a blast and terror all rolled into one. I want more picture please!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
At least the bratty puppy is cute! That counts for something... right? :)

Sorry that Steve is ouchy. Vibes for him, too!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Linds If you BOTH send me your puppies I could take pictures of merle puppy madness and it would be awesome. Especially for me.

You people get your perfect puppies and give me puppy fever, this is what happens :p.

jenv101

Bite Club
Linds If you BOTH send me your puppies I could take pictures of merle puppy madness and it would be awesome. Especially for me.

You people get your perfect puppies and give me puppy fever, this is what happens :p.
:rofl1: Someone send this woman a puppy!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Awwww little fuzzy beaneroo! What a perfect puppy.

Poor Steve, though.

Zhucca

Lab Love
Ahhh that puppy is adorable! Bean is an awesome name as well.

I'm sorry to hear about Steve being back on crate rest but at least you have this awesome little puppy around :D

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
What a sweet little Bean :)

Sorry things are rough... Lots of healing thoughts for poor, cranky Steve.

Members online

No members online now.