Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee View Post
Gah, that's only happened a few times that I know of...and that was bad enough. I do not have the heart to put something out of it's misery. A skilled cat will either leave something alive to play with or one bite to the neck and it's over. Hideous seeing a creature mauled and suffering. Fortunately Soph almost never catches up with what she's chasing.
Yeah I'm grateful (?) that Murphy would have finished off Mu's squirrel if he caught it. I don't know if I could do it. I don't think she'll let go next time either - as far as I know that's the only time she's caught something so it was kind of a test run.

I want to clarify though that I don't let my dogs chase things that aren't in my yard - it's actually something I've worked on extensively with Mu. But we have a lot of trees in the yard and I swear that squirrel tried to commit squirrelicide. The one Murphy caught must have too because he's really not at all sneaky. And he's thoroughly convinced that barking at them will make them come out of the tree. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013