Skull Fractures, Anyone?

Romy

Taxiderpy
You were a student/patient. They are the professionals. It isn't your responsibility to make sure they are doing their jobs, especially when you're coping with a potential TBI.

Does the trainer have any physical documentation of the confrontation (like texts or e-mails) or is it just he said/she said?

Do what RTH says. Get all your medical records together, and if there's any documentation of that conflict with the trainer then give that to them too. Explain the whole situation. The attorney will tell you if they think you have a valid case or not. They'll pretty much handle all of it and you won't have to do anything. Maybe testify, although a lot of cases can be won based on medical records and written statements alone.

Edit: and that statement your trainer made about you still having symptoms because you weren't resting is bullcrap. You were still having symptoms because you had a freaking undiagnosed fractured skull, among other things. Bed rest won't cure that.=]\'
\\'=''''''';;'
=====
[

ETA: hahaha, sorry. My daughter came along and added some extra jazz to the edit and pushed submit.

Thanks, y'all *hugs*

I just got back from my second appointment and my PCP thinks I may have a subdural hematoma (sp?) too...so I guess the treatment for that is surgery. =( Ugh scary. I just scheduled another CT to confirm and then depending on the results will be talking to a surgeon late next week.

As for the argument, all the emails and phone calls we exchanged were civil: the argument took place in person and there was no one else around so I guess that's good.

Right now I guess I'll put the legal stuff on hold until after I know what I need to do treatment-wise. This all just got a whole lot scarier...I sure didn't want to be talking about brain surgery today. I always go into the doctor with this irrational belief that they are just going to tell me that I'm being hysterical and nothing is wrong. =/

P.S. Tell your daughter thanks for the advice heehee =)

Romy

Taxiderpy
If you are found to have the subdural hematoma, definitely look into legal action once this is over. That's the thing that makes seemingly fine people go to bed soon after a head injury and never wake up. Not even in a coma.

I hope getting it taken care of resolves your symptoms. (((hugs)))

Thanks again, Romy! You guys are the best!

I just got my CT results back and it looks like we are all good to go in the brain-bleeding department. Nothing abnormal at all! So that's a definite plus. However, they are going to send me to a neurologist due to my continuing symptoms.

That's fine with me! I am so relieved...from talking with my PCP she seems to think that I may have lifelong symptoms, but that they will be more minor than those I have now. I can live with that =) I'll just have to be more careful. And wear a helmet everywhere....

As for the legal angle, I am going abroad next semester, but after that I think I might look into it and see. I certainly will not be going back to the trainer should I have any future injuries.

Members online

No members online now.