Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
FWIW mine was from some random guy on Craigslist lol. Granted he was close enough that I could meet him in person and mess around with the camera before buying it, and verify his backstory a bit.
Messing with it is the important part. When it comes to shipping and paying for it before actually holding it I get nervous. It's so easy to make money off of someone and then have that name you used to sell the item disappear.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Messing with it is the important part. When it comes to shipping and paying for it before actually holding it I get nervous. It's so easy to make money off of someone and then have that name you used to sell the item disappear.
Which is where the "granted" came in

And yeah I'm not too keen on nameless faceless dealings myself.
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
FWIW mine was from some random guy on Craigslist lol. Granted he was close enough that I could meet him in person and mess around with the camera before buying it, and verify his backstory a bit.
This. I've bought the majority of my camera stuff off of craigslist. But I tested the crap out of it first. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
thehoundgirl's Avatar
thehoundgirl thehoundgirl is offline
APBT crazy!
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Beautiful Northwest
Posts: 2,112
Default

I hope you find one soon. We need Traveler and Didgie pictures.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Michiyo-Fir Michiyo-Fir is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,359
Default

In my experience people are pretty good online and on craigslist as well as ebay. I've bought/sold at least 10-15 cameras and lenses on craigslist, ebay and my photo forum. Plus tons of ipods, high end headphones (over 600 dollars each). My 70-200 f/2.8 that I bought recently? Was off craigslist too.

This one.




All the camera bodies I've owned were sold on craigslist. I think it's pretty safe to be honest, as long as you meet them, try it, etc. On ebay it's pretty secure too since you can make a claim with paypal if you don't receive your item.

Since I work in a photography store, I've known so many people both staff and customers that have bought/sold cameras and lenses on craigslist with absolutely no problems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 AM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir View Post
In my experience people are pretty good online and on craigslist as well as ebay. I've bought/sold at least 10-15 cameras and lenses on craigslist, ebay and my photo forum. Plus tons of ipods, high end headphones (over 600 dollars each). My 70-200 f/2.8 that I bought recently? Was off craigslist too.

This one.




All the camera bodies I've owned were sold on craigslist. I think it's pretty safe to be honest, as long as you meet them, try it, etc. On ebay it's pretty secure too since you can make a claim with paypal if you don't receive your item.

Since I work in a photography store, I've known so many people both staff and customers that have bought/sold cameras and lenses on craigslist with absolutely no problems.
Bolded is the key thing. She is not able to meet them, and they would be shipping it. I wouldn't risk it, personally.

That said, I have bought lenses off eBay, but, I don't know, I feel like it's safer there... cause you can always file a claim with PayPal.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:21 AM
Michiyo-Fir Michiyo-Fir is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,359
Default

She did say it was from a photo forum. I personally use thephotoforum and have been fine.

As long as you use paypal, and don't gift the money, you can make a claim.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site