Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Catsi Catsi is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Might as well try! Who knows what you'd come up with?
Thank you Yoko and Renee. You are perfectly right of course. I've got to start somewhere and I'll always wonder if I do not try.

Do you have any recommendations for online writing groups?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Online groups are something I need to look into. I belong to a couple in Knoxville.
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:17 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsi View Post
Thank you Yoko and Renee. You are perfectly right of course. I've got to start somewhere and I'll always wonder if I do not try.

Do you have any recommendations for online writing groups?
Not specific groups. But I know writing.com is really nice. They have different groups there that you can join based on genre or writing skills and there is always some one there who can read what you have written and give excellent constructive criticism.

The sites kind of... odd to navigate but I remember the people being great there.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Catsi Catsi is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Online groups are something I need to look into. I belong to a couple in Knoxville.
Mmm... I concede that a in person group would be just wonderful, but I do believe that last time I looked into local ones here they were meeting on weekends (I work weekends). This may have changed though or perhaps new groups have formed in the meantime, so I'll have to looked into that.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Catsi Catsi is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Not specific groups. But I know writing.com is really nice. They have different groups there that you can join based on genre or writing skills and there is always some one there who can read what you have written and give excellent constructive criticism.

The sites kind of... odd to navigate but I remember the people being great there.
Thanks, I'll check it out! I'll need all the constructive criticism and pointers I can get.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site