Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
lol, this! Her nails look so much better than my dog's!

Does she get any chance at all to lick it when she's got the collar off, or do you have control of her head in some way?

Did she have a grass/grass flea allergy when she was younger? I wonder if it's manifesting itself in a different way, now.
LOL I think I'm just used to her nails being a little shorter lol. I've been using her gentle leader for walks so I can keep her from licking/biting her feet on walks. The first couple times I took her out I just used a flat collar and she kept pulling her head down to try and get her paws. She still tries a little with the GL but I have more control and she hasn't had any success with it. Just a little bit ago she decided to stretch out really good and when she was stretched out she tried to drag the top of her foot on the carpet so I'm sure its still a bit itchy.

I do know when she was a puppy she used to get red rashes on her belly a lot. I think if you browse through posts back then I have a thread or two about it. I wondered if it was an allergy then too since she used to lay in the grass a lot.

I can't afford it right now, but I'd like to save some money and eventually have some tests run to pin point any possible allergies since I'm pretty positive that is what's going on.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Poor Cricket- that looks so painful! It definitely looks less goopy in the second set of pictures. If I were you, I would still take her to the vet- the area looks swollen and possibly infected. I hope you can find a way to get her there!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 AM
<--------Orson

Plain old corn starch from your cupboard! In my experience, corn starch works better and faster drying than baby powder or body powders in general. (changed lots of baby butts in my day, ROFL) Plus, you know it's safe for her to lick if she gets to it

It does look better than it did. I'd keep doing whatcha been doing, and seriously try a bit of corn starch sprinkled on to keep it drying out.