Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Wild At Heart

Default What did you do this glorious Saturday?

It was SO beautiful today! It literally felt like the first time we've had sunshine in months, so I definitely took advantage of it Harleigh got to run around outside and got to splash around in her pool.

I went to the shooting range. I haven't shot a gun in like 3-4 years (I think), so needless to say I was sorely out of practice. I forgot how much I missed it Definitely not waiting that long to go back out again! I shot 5 different guns, but my favorite was definitely the .45 SA Pistol. Absolutely loved it.... might steal it from my brother (just kidding, of course!!!!).

Definitely going to get some more practice in it and (attempt) to get my concealed weapons permit. Until then, I definitely need to get some more practice in

(have no idea why these pictures came out super blurry oh well)

What did everyone else do?!?

Harleigh <3
Old 06-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Had a neuro appointment cancelled, so sat around with a migraine all day, then played with the ferrets this evening. Couldn't even be bothered to leave the house to get more dog food

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Water Junkie

Swapped out a Redbud tree at the plant nursery, because it had died, for a Purple Leaf Plum tree. Planted it. Got another father's day gift. Had lunch out with my sister. Jogged. Spent some time outside with the dogs. Finished pet sitting for a client today.

Pretty routine day, really! lol It was gorgeous out, though! So cool this morning.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

It was my big sister's birthday, so we had her over for brunch, and then we were supposed to be at a concert tonight, but the stage collapsed just before they opened the gates. Sadly, one worker was killed, but over 30,000 lives were saved...I can't imagine the chaos had the stage collapsed during the show.

Bittersweet day.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Looks like fun

Today we went out to a small music fest to benefit Cystic Fibrosis. A guy from Brians new job invited everyone out and him and his wife had all kinds of food for us. pulled pork, beans, mac and cheese. all kinds of yummy goodness. So I got to meet a bunch of people hubby works with now and they are all super nice.

We listened to some good tunes by all the bands that played and Hannah made a new friend named... Hannah lol who is also 4 and loves sparkly shoes. they were like soul sisters hahaha.

Hannah had a blast. They had a bounce house and at the beginning when there weren't many people there yet Hannah went off to the bounce house by herself (I could see her the whole time... and I was watching like a hawk lol). This was so unusual because she has never really been one to venture off too far especially in new settings but today she was off lol. She spent about a half an hour straight at the bounce house. They had a couple of young boys supervising the bounce house (they were under 12 but they were doing a great job of keeping things going. 5 kids at a time and they set a timer and then ushered all the kids out of the bounce house so the next set could come in. The one boy (who was probably about 9... he was working with his big brother) really liked Hannah lol. When I came to tell her the food was ready and it was time to come back he said "Oh yeah... we love Hannah. She's our best visitor and she knows just how the line works" lol

then she was walking around barefoot... and Hannah NEVER goes barefoot. not even in the house. She always has to be wearing shoes. not today lol. Brian and I were questioning if we had the right kid lol totally personality transplant. She's getting so independant. It's bittersweet.

We had a really great time. it was a bit of a drive but I'm glad we went and the weather was GORGEOUS. 80 degrees with minimal humidity and nice and sunny. Lovely.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Walks into Mordor

I spent today working on our kitchen remodel. The floor and electrical are done, and now we're working on the walls.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

Went and got my dad a father's day present... That's about it.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

That sounds like a lot of fun! Were you good at shooting?

I had a weird day... I cleaned the house some, then took T-Bone out... completely underestimated the heat and suddenly realized just how hard she was panting... luckily, we were only a few minutes from the house, I raced home and put her in a cool (not cold) shower. She was fine, besides, of course, begrudging me for giving her a bath.

Then I watched the European soccer cup on TV and went out to run some errands. This creepy guy literally stalked me in Lowes. We had a casual very brief conversation and then he went in the deep end, being a bit suggestive. I then left and walked through the whole store to get away, only for him to follow me and end up in the same aisle again. He kept following me and even waited for me outside. I didn't want to p!ss him off, so I just wished him a good night and walked past him. Did some zig zags on the parking lot and watched him drive off. Then I went to my car. Creeeeeeepy.

Went to Petsmart to pick up a bully stick for T-Bone and loved on this sweet old dog that was there for a tiny adoption event. His name was Henry and he is 7-10 years old. Man. I lost a little bit of my heart. His previous owner, a cop, declined to claim him after the shelter, that found him as a stray. contacted him. Henry looked as if his heart was broken. He seems like such a quiet, calm dog, I am seriously considering giving him a home. He might just work. Ugh.

Then I went home, watched some TV, and now I am going to chalk paint a dresser
Old 06-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It was my big sister's birthday, so we had her over for brunch, and then we were supposed to be at a concert tonight, but the stage collapsed just before they opened the gates. Sadly, one worker was killed, but over 30,000 lives were saved...I can't imagine the chaos had the stage collapsed during the show.

Bittersweet day.
Definitely saw that on the news.

ETA: I had noo idea you were around there!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-16-2012, 08:30 PM
such sights to show you

Took Pip to the dog park.

Took the youngsters scootering... in the rain. (It started raining on the ride there, decided to go anyway rather than go home with two sorely disappointed dogs. Then it cleared up like an hour later. :/)

Did a crapload of laundry.

Organized a bunch of files on my computer and caught up on a podcast I follow.

Weeded and weed-whacked the garden and backyard.

Did some errands.

Sat outside with the dogs and read for awhile.

Um... I think that's it.