Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Thanks for posting!

In regards to bag sizes, does this mean the grain-frees are going down to only 5lbs, too, vs. 5.5lbs? I know it's not a huge difference. That's the one reason I haven't been liking feeding the Singles line - the bag is different... the top is not as "open" as the grainfree, if that makes sense. It's like pinched in?
Sadly, yes. The bags will all be the same sizes again.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Sport Model Pug

CRAP! I forgot my sheets at work. Will do them saturday!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Sadly, yes. The bags will all be the same sizes again.
Oh, boooo.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Active Pup

First off, I am new registered user but have visited the site many, many times and find it to be a great resource.

As a customer of Champion foods (Acana and Orijen), I am not convinced that these ingredient changes are as benign as some make them out to be. Take Ranchlands, for instance. Peas are now one of the top 3 ingredients. Meanwhile the first named fish meal dropped from 3rd on the ingredient list to 8th, beef liver from 6th to 13th and deboned bison from 8th to 12th. Overall, plant based ingredients make up 4 of the first 10 ingredients in the new formula as compared to 3 in the old formula.
In general, this change appears to be replacing animal based protein sources with plant based protein sources (legumes), and I think that is a fairly significant change.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRs View Post
First off, I am new registered user but have visited the site many, many times and find it to be a great resource.

As a customer of Champion foods (Acana and Orijen), I am not convinced that these ingredient changes are as benign as some make them out to be. Take Ranchlands, for instance. Peas are now one of the top 3 ingredients. Meanwhile the first named fish meal dropped from 3rd on the ingredient list to 8th, beef liver from 6th to 13th and deboned bison from 8th to 12th. Overall, plant based ingredients make up 4 of the first 10 ingredients in the new formula as compared to 3 in the old formula.
In general, this change appears to be replacing animal based protein sources with plant based protein sources (legumes), and I think that is a fairly significant change.
I kind of tend to agree.

Are the protein/fat levels going to change with these newer formulas?

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I kind of tend to agree.

Are the protein/fat levels going to change with these newer formulas?
Most of the analyses are identical, though fibre jumps up to 5% from 3% (likely due to the peas) which I'm not sure I'm fond of.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

Don't they always report the percentage of animal ingredients in their food? you know how all of those formulas are supposed to be 60% animal ingredients. Is that reliable/truthful?

I don't like how the Wild Prarie (which I now feed) will now have green peas, ***64257;eld beans, red lentils, and whole potato in the first ten ingredients where before it just had russet potato and peas (and alfalfa but I don't really know what that is) in the first ten. They moved the first carb down the list but look like they added more to make up for it.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!