Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Oh my if you forget and take two of the wrong thing together with my regime your going to suffer the consequences in a most nasty way. IF i miss doses, I get sicker. I don't want to be sicker, and I have these last 5 years seen more pills than I ever thought one liver could take. IT comes down to being responsible for your own health. If you need a chart, make a chart, if you need a time table, a pill box, whatever it takes to get the job done. I have to keep track of mine, I have to keep track of Hyia's and now I have to keep it all under lock and key which makes being on the road tricky. Because of that I have missed doses of mine because they are 2 hours after you eat, or with food, or inbetween this and that, and with this and with that, and because of chaos I have lost myself and lost ground that I am now trying to gain back.. You have to do the best you can and if your taking multiple medications, if your taking any medication, read the bottle read the bottle and read that label one more time before you take it yourself or give it to anyone else. That has saved my butt more than once. Also if you have to dispose of meds I have been instructed that coffee grounds are the safest way. Don't keep old meds around for they can change into something else not just weaken.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Are you dead yet?

I put my pill organizer on my desk right next to my keyboard. When I sit down to eat/drink/play on the computer, I see the organizer and am reminded to take them.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

At work we try to schedule all meds at breakfast time or dinner time. Then it's very easy to prep meals and meds at the same time.

That's how I tend to remember to do things, by lumping them with other things. For example, if I'm at work and need to remember to get something out of my office before I leave, I literally look at the front door and picture myself leaving, and then say to myself "get the _____, get the ____." Then when I go to the front door and actually do leave, I hear "get the ____" in my head and remember to do it. It works.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Stinky Butt

When I have had to take something every day, I always set an alarm on my phone for a time of day I am almost always awake and able.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Mine sit next to my toothbrush, with a little shot glass for water. Then it's a visual and I see it right when I wake up or go to bed.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Kaydee

The pill organizer is next to the coffee machine with the dog vitamins, of course some mornings I'm sleepy enough I almost pop the dog pills, mmmm liver flavored vitamin and Folgers, nothin' like it!!!