Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post

That is very sad. I have never met one that was a "cranky little a-hole". Opinionated and snarky? Sure, love 'em for that. But stable nonetheless and really quite nice.
Ada was a cranky little a-hole.... **** poor temperament. Which is why she doesn't live here anymore. She took "snarky and opinionated" to a dangerous level, and when she started putting holes in sleeping dogs (and me) was when I told her she was done.

Revy has been a dream compared to Ada.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
when she started putting holes in sleeping dogs (and me) was when I told her she was done.
Yeah, that would be a bit much.

Ares only puts holes in dogs that get in his face and don't leave when snarked at. And he hasn't ever actually put holes in me...really he hasn't...

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

I've heard of (and seen) some wonderful dogs come from Cibola in... TX I think it is?
Puzzle Piece Gabby 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 AM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post
That is very sad. I have never met one that was a "cranky little a-hole". Opinionated and snarky? Sure, love 'em for that. But stable nonetheless and really quite nice.
I agree with this sentiment! I LOVE their sass. If you can't appreciate a dog with an attitude and laugh at their sassiness, Corgis are not for you!!!

I don't expect any Corgi to be a friendly, passive little dog. They have to have BIG attitudes to be 12" from the ground and move bulls! It actually makes me sad when I see the ultra submissive, soft, skittish little Pembrokes... of course they are sweet dogs, but they aren't the way a Corgi should be. A Corgi should have a fire inside, but should also have a stable, cheerful temperament and good bite inhibition. Fozzie has sass and will tell off a 200 lb dog in a heartbeat, but he's the most rock-solid dog I've ever met and has never been in so much as a spat.

Working at a pet hotel and encountering thousands of breeds over the years, I must say that hands-down Corgis are the most wonderful to work with. There were no Corgis who had to be "individual", all of them got along well with the other dogs, and did an amazing job keeping peace in the group and telling off the jerk dogs. I've never encountered a Corgi who so much as growled at me out of hundreds. They all LOVE me, and LOVE the other Corgi people. I swear they can sense who really loves them instantly. Or maybe it's because I hooked them all up with free ice creams.

I've met a lot more Cardigan breeders with working dogs, compared to Pembrokes. I know several Cardi breeders, and none of them do not prove their dogs on livestock before breeding them! Pemmies tend to either be pet bred or show bred. I know a Pemmie that can work and excels at agility from this breeder in MI. It is harder to find working breeders who also health test and such, but it's possible! My aunt in TX has 12 Pemmies on her Quarter Horse/cattle ranch, and occasionally has litters, but they're all reserved by friends way ahead of time. A lot of working breeders are like that and don't generally ship dogs or sell to non-working homes. But I'm sure they'd make an exception for an amazing home like yours.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 12-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Reviving this because I'm bored and I was browsing corgis online. I think at some point we might look for a corgi as an 'easy' dog (lol - having mals and acds really messes with your definitions of certain terms) so I figured I'd bookmark some places now and the Chaz thread came up on the google search.

The linked breeder in MI doesn't appear to health test and her dogs are CKC registered (not a program I'd feel comfortable supporting personally) and I can't find any online presence for Cibola. Any other ideas?

Old 12-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I think at some point we might look for a corgi as an 'easy' dog (lol - having mals and acds really messes with your definitions of certain terms) so I figured I'd bookmark some places now and the Chaz thread came up on the google search.
*thumbs up* They are perfect for that IMO. Less demanding, you can tire them out quickly because short little legs, and they're so portable! lol I really hope you get a stumpy dog someday.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

There is a breeder up here producing awesome, speedy, stable little corgis. I would steal one given the chance.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
There is a breeder up here producing awesome, speedy, stable little corgis. I would steal one given the chance.
Could you pm me their name?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
*thumbs up* They are perfect for that IMO. Less demanding, you can tire them out quickly because short little legs, and they're so portable! lol I really hope you get a stumpy dog someday.
What I really want is a Z clone. She's so awesome, but good luck finding another like her!

This is waaaay off, especially since none of my dogs are allowed to age, but very likely since DH thinks that corgis and corgi mixes are teh awesome.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm All Ears

Around here it seems like a 95% of the sports corgis are Cardis. I really like them a lot. Such funny dogs!