Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 05-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Default Sunny and Serenity's friend is here!

Hello everyone,

My names Tahlia, I'm 20, I live in Australia.

I currently own two dogs. Sunny, he's 5 and he's a Lab x Staffy x (some people think Greyhound while others think Kelpie). He came from a pet shop, he was originally my brothers dog. I originally hated Sunny and it took me months to bond with him. When my brother moved out of home when Sunny was over 1, I had a choice to keep Sunny or send him to the pound. I chose to keep him. He's a great, lovable, fun, loyal dog. He's special to my heart, he is a amazing dog and I've only really recently started to see that.

Serenity is my other dog. I wrongly brought her in to my life and I've never told anyone on the inter til now. I was in a depressed state, I didn't just want Sunny and I searched around for a new pup. I wanted a Staffy but my heart something kept drawing me back to the Kelpie x's. I didn't want a Kelpie x but I couldn't look away. Anyway, I saw her image, her name popped in to my head and I knew it was meant to be. I did sneak her home and it took days for mum to say she was staying but in the end, I won.

Being only my 3rd dog, I thought Serenity would grow up like Sunny. I didn't notice she was different. I didn't know until a few months ago that Serenity had problem issues. She is a bit fearful at times, she will bite if pushed the wrong way and she's a tad possessive. Beside the negative stuff, she is very loyal, very smart, willing to learn, she catches on quickly, she is very in sync with me. I have been working hard with her and she has made leaps and bounds! She used to try to attack dogs and lately, she can interact with dogs. I am still working on her peoples issues but she's getting good at just blowing people off and staying by my side. I believe she is my heart dog, I have grown a very strong bond with her. Though I have my doughts and wish I didn't have her at times, she is so special to me. I am glad she's young because I want her with me for a long time.

I have not always been the best owner, it has taken YEARS for me to get off my ass and actually learn, stop arguing with good advice. I am now doing something good, I am being so much more responsible. It took a long time but I'm finally getting there. I've learnt so much and I still need to learn a whole lot.

I also believe in Animal Communication, telepathically talking to animals so if i mention that randomly, the people who read this, will understand why I am talking about it.

o, and pics!

And there favorite afternoon routine when I get home is this;

Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Top Dog

Also, my future hopes is to make Sunny a therapy dog and maybe do a sport with him.

If Serenity is able to and enjoys it, I'd love to do a few dog sports with her in the future but I'll have to wait and see how that pans out.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Love my pets

Welcome. Love your two dogs. Sunny reminds me of my Peanut who I got from a rescue; the vet said he has some greyhound in him.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Top Dog

Adorable dogs! It looks like they'd both enjoy agility!

I have a black mix as well, I'll always have a thing for them, and I adore Kelpies.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Big Dog

Sounds like you have learned a lot through your dogs...sometimes they teach us the most important lessons. Welcome!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Welcome Tahlia!