Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Down 2 lbs... I seem to be on slow and steady track... I know that's best but I get impatient sometimes! LOL
Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeigh View Post
Down 2 lbs... I seem to be on slow and steady track... I know that's best but I get impatient sometimes! LOL
Amen.

I only lost just over 0.5 lbs last week But, that's 5 lbs down the last 2 weeks...I just got engaged and need to do Save the Dates asap since we are doing a destination wedding but I really want to do photos after I've lost a bit more weight. Probably thinking about it like that is going to backfire on me...
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Big Dog

Anyone tried the HCG diet?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Felurian

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 PM
treehugging clicker freak

LOL Renee... I like that one!

So I just took the time to read through the thread. I swear I posted on here before, but I can't find it. I must be insane lol

I've been eating healthier since last October, just cutting back. No more seconds, no more sweets, stuff like that. Boy was that hard for holidays, I have lots of friends &family I call sabotagers lol.
In Janurary, I decided to kick it up a notch and kick out all of the fattening foods and no more pop, with one day a week being a "cheat" day... So maybe I have diet pop one day a week, but to be honest I rarely ever 'cheat'. I also started walking and exercising more with a friend, everyday.
I hit a plateau last month, it was very frustrating. I didn't want to cut back in the food department much more because I didn't want to feel like I am starving (I get accused of that VERY often) so I kicked up the excersise. Two weeks ago, I started the C25K again... this time last year, I could not get through week one day one without breaks. So far, it's going amazing

I wish I had better pictures, but to be honest I really dont like the attention lol. The only reason I am bragging today is because my Mom texted me "Will Power looks good on you" and I'm proud of you, and all this stuff. W O W

Soo... In Oct when I started this, I weighed 210lbs at the doctor, which was very upsetting to me. I was depressed and miserable, for many reasons but the weight just set me off. I hated myself. I was pretty much in size 16 jeans (hardly) and XL shirts
I go to the doctor Monday, so I will know a more accurate weight then, but the last time I weighed myself (couple of weeks ago. No I do not own a scale) I was down to 167.... which puts me down 43lbs
but more importantly (to me anyway LOL) is when I bought new pants today, I was in an 8. An 8?! Now... I am not trying to be braggy but I haven't been in an 8 since my freshman/sophomore year of high school

last summer

last weekend

last years graduation

this year (around the same time lol)

eww please excuse the paleness. I am practically albino until I get some sun this summer lol and then I just freckle, really

So, sorry to be braggy but I feel real good after my run/walk today... I don't really have a "goal", but I know I am not done yet woot!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 PM
and Fozzie B!

Wow, you look soooo good Brattina! Everyone looks gorgeous actually.

I only read a few pages of this thread. It's all over the place!!! But Renee and Dekka's posts about eating high protein & veggies and cutting out all carbs made me think... do any of you pay attention to your blood type diet recommendations?

I have never paid attention to my blood type. It's O+. Both of my full sisters have the same blood type. One is a personal trainer, and one is a model, and they're obviously both in VERY GOOD SHAPE! Like, perfection. They were both overweight as teens, but lost tons of weight cutting out carbs and eating lots of protein (meat, fish, and eggs mostly) and vegetables. I get disgusted by my sister's meals; she'll eat a giant bowl of plain boiled spinach for dinner and chicken. She eats a lot, but is in amazing shape. While I, on the other hand, am a vegetarian who barely gets enough protein, doesn't like most vegetables and eats mostly fruit and carbs. And I don't eat a lot at all.

When I found out I was pregnant, I realized I'd probably need to eat meat to get enough protein. I don't process soy products really well and tofu makes me sick, so I can only really eat lentils/nuts. I've been anemic in the past, probably due to being a vegetarian. OTOH I have very low cholesterol. My doctor did a blood test on me after giving me a sugar drink, and she said I don't process sugars well, so I should avoid carbs and sugar. Since I've been eating meat & vegetables almost exclusively I've lost weight - while pregnant! I looked up my blood type recommendations and it says that I'm supposed to eat a high protein diet of meats, eggs, fish and vegetables, as I have an ancient blood type apparently. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed correlations with their blood type and ideal diet?

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Brattina, you look AMAZING!!!

And gonz, I didn't realize you were preggers, congrats!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Felurian

Dana! You look beautiful! Not just the weight, your complexion, posture, everything. Radiant

Gonz, I haven't done the blood type (I don't even know mine, lol), but I do know my ancestry -- Irish, partly from the coastal regions (which means there's undoubtedly some Viking raider in there, lol) partly inland, which lets me know that my ancestors relied heavily on cold water seafood and cattle, filled in with game. Cold water fish is really the only kind of fish I particularly like, and if I don't eat enough red meat I feel ill. I don't like most beans, particularly, and starchy carbs like rice, potatoes and corn are just bad news for me.

Ditching gluten from my diet has taught me that I don't process it well either, but I suspect that's more due to the highly adulterated state of wheat crops and how overly processed most foods that contain wheat are than it is to a problem with real, unadulterated wheat.

So yes, I DO think your genetic makeup, whether it's DNA or ancestry (and the two are likely related) has a lot to do with what kind of diet is best for you.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 PM
treehugging clicker freak

oh geez guys you made me blush

Erica - that is very interesting, to be honest I've never really thought about it that way. I am O+ as well, and I am anemic (take iron pills) and just this year was told Hypoglycemia. That has been a hard adjustment for me, eating more often. I could go all day without eating no problem, but I get headaches and confused and nauseous I was told I don't handle sugars very well, either. The fast test didn't come back "right"
Definitely something for me to look into! Thanks for posting

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 06-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Top Dog

AMAZING!!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!

You have every right to brag and show off your hotness! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! You're gorgeous! You should be very proud. And I bet you feel so much better! Way to go girl!

And congrats to everyone!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson