Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Yeah I wasn't impressed by just seeing the ads... its probably best if I don't watch it. I really disliked the slick sleezy hollywood look of this guy.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 PM
and Fozzie B!

I saw him on "Pregnant in Heels" and all he did was use food and praise to teach a French Bulldog self control and to leave the baby alone. Not impressive, but not bad at all!

I have never heard of the dude before hearing about this show though. I'm pretty sure he got the job due to looks & charisma, not skill, much like Mr. Millan. However, the fact that he uses +R is a step in the right direction, as opposed to Cesar, who feels that treats are only for teaching tricks, not rehabilitating (isn't it all TRAINING?). I wish some one with amazing knowledge and a PhD like Ian Dunbar was given a national show like this. People would learn so much more from him than a random NYC dog walker... who walks a dozen dogs at a time, no less. Not safe!!! Leash corrections being called "leash cues" is just stupid. I hate it when trainers use their own meaningless jargon to make what they're doing sound less harsh - call it what it is. I'm sure he uses leash corrections to manage the dogs he's walking, that's understandable, but management is not training.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Top Dog

Wasn't impressed. At first when they started out by introducing each family/dog situation you can't tell much, I think he did good with the first half of the Bulldog (baby gate, kong, let him whine it out, very basic), but when they went on to "teaching" the Berner leave it, ugh, punching a dog in the chest to teach "leave-it", WRONG! He's a "half/half" trainer as I see it, wants to be positive and use some of its benefits, but it still partly stuck in the dark ages. Probably wont be watching another episode, maybe online at a later date but no need to eat up good nightly TV programming with this.