Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Felurian

I sent one to CA and, unknowingly, had an old address. It took it over a month to get back to me, and Verizon's no doubt got a mail room where stuff can sit FOREVER.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Top Dog

OKAY.

So we called Verizon this morning and asked if they had the tracking number. They said they didn't have it on file, couldn't give it to us, complete dead end like every other Rep had been telling us for the last week.

Off to the post office. Guy there says the tracking number should ABSOLUTELY be available, they just need the order number to find it. He says if Verizon tells us the same crap, call BS.

So we call Verizon back, get another rep who we have to explain the story to all over again. There's a pause and she says, "Well, that's stupid. Give me a second." And she pulls up EVERYTHING within 3 minutes flat. She says it was all right there on our file, she doesn't understand why anyone else couldn't help us. She can see the order number, tracking number, and where it says we refused it. It's been delivered to them, but the warehouse hadn't actually investigated anything for the last week because they received the phone as of May 7th. It's all RIGHT THERE. Which means everyone else at Verizon has been BSing us for the last week.

We're sitting in the Post Office parking lot doing victory arm pumps at that point.

So she has her supervisor get on the phone with the people at the warehouse and kick their butts into action. As is, it's looking like their screw up and the credit will be charged to our account. We're probably also be reimbursed the late fee we had to pay today.

It's amazing what can happen when you finally get someone doing their job! We didn't even have to get nasty. Just gave her the background info and she was ON IT.

Oh, and the date the phone was sent out? The BEGINNING of FEBRUARY!

But it seems everything is sorted now.

Thanks everyone for your info and such! It was a big help!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

You had BETTER be reimbursed that late fee!! You guys did absolutely nothing wrong.
UGH once again sorry you had to deal with Verizon customer service. The only way I ever got somewhere was finally to just ask for a supervisor. It was the same deal, I told her what the guy I had been talking to said and she was like "Oh my God, NO no no no... that is completely wrong." They are chock full of idiots.

At least it sounds like this whole mess is finally over for you!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Felurian

Awesome! You should get a month's free service for all your trouble.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian